Strange things at my station.

Pt are not being allowed to deliver any p2s now, they're also being mandated to be punched out by 1030 no matter what. We usually have about 6 FO routes go out and today they condensed it down to 3 and had the rest do a 2 hour report in. Overheard an ops manager talking about them restricting the amount of people going out on road. Anyone hear anything similar to this?

CJinx

Pt are not being allowed to deliver any p2s now, they're also being mandated to be punched out by 1030 no matter what. We usually have about 6 FO routes go out and today they condensed it down to 3 and had the rest do a 2 hour report in. Overheard an ops manager talking about them restricting the amount of people going out on road. Anyone hear anything similar to this?
Well, the end of the fiscal year is fast approaching. Maybe the station's FES(budget) is fubar?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Flavor of the week. It happens all the time where they cut out P2 delivery by PTers. Until they are needed and the begging begins once again. I've seems it too many times to remember.

Mgrs have probably been ordered to cut onroad hours. How can they be punched out by 10:30 if they are delivering P1 til that time?

This too shall pass.

Purplepackage

Not happening at my station, our FO drivers pretty much have free reign to ask if anyone needs help on their way in. Of course we only have 2 real FO drivers the rest are swings that have to come back and run a route

Not happening at my station, our FO drivers pretty much have free reign to ask if anyone needs help on their way in. Of course we only have 2 real FO drivers the rest are swings that have to come back and run a route

Same at my station usually. We joke that the FO drivers are actually just part time swings.

overflowed

When they do this at stations, they are overstaffed. They have too many pt'ers and need to cull the herd. When you got pt'ers working all day for a while and suddenly have to take part time hours or less? Some will leave, they will get rid of the amount they want then back to business as usual. Seen it happen many times.

whenIgetthere

how many hours do P/T PM couriers get at your stations per week on average?

Most PM PT's get 40 to 50 here. There are some loops that always need help, and since we don't have a lot of PT's, with so many extended routes, only PT pup routes are in town. But they and the FO drivers get 40 to 50 if they want it.

dezguy

Most PM PT's get 40 to 50 here. There are some loops that always need help, and since we don't have a lot of PT's, with so many extended routes, only PT pup routes are in town. But they and the FO drivers get 40 to 50 if they want it.
This pisses me off. When PT's get 40+ hours, why are they still PT??? There is obviously enough work to make more people FT.

Purplepackage

This pisses me off. When PT's get 40+ hours, why are they still PT??? There is obviously enough work to make more people FT.

So they only have to give you 20 hours of vacation time for a week and your holidays only count for 4 hours of time.

Other than that there is no difference between pt and ft at my station

dezguy

So they only have to give you 20 hours of vacation time for a week and your holidays only count for 4 hours of time.

Other than that there is no difference between pt and ft at my station
I know but it's so wrong. If there are enough hours for you to get 40, after a certain amount of time they should have to offer to make your route FT like they used to.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I know but it's so wrong. If there are enough hours for you to get 40, after a certain amount of time they should have to offer to make your route FT like they used to.
That's how I ended up FT status - about a hundred years ago (it seems)

SmithBarney

That's how I ended up FT status - about a hundred years ago (it seems)

They actually don't do that anymore.. I was PT at one point working 45-50hrs a week for several months, and a old timer mentioned that rule.. I brought it up with Manager SM, and HR, the rule has changed... which was ok with me, because I could turn down the extra work whenever I needed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They actually don't do that anymore.. I was PT at one point working 45-50hrs a week for several months, and a old timer mentioned that rule.. I brought it up with Manager SM, and HR, the rule has changed... which was ok with me, because I could turn down the extra work whenever I needed.
Naturally they go changing the rules without a mention to the hourlies. Nonetheless use that part-time classification to your advantage.

Route 66

They actually don't do that anymore.. I was PT at one point working 45-50hrs a week for several months, and a old timer mentioned that .

oh I know, that's ancient history - just one of countless decent things they no longer do - such as throw extravagant parties twice a year ("family briefings" they were called) replete with open bar. Yes, sometimes I do have to remind myself this actually used to be a real good place to work......or was I just dreaming?

dezguy

They claim they got rid of that rule to eliminate favouritism.

When I started out pt, they would take advantage of the fact I wanted as many hours as I could get. I would routinely get 50+ hours a week. I can't even remember being below 40 hour for a week. Looking back, it pisses me off how I allowed myself to be taken advantage of like that. I worked FT for almost 2 years with none of the benefits.

Route 66

They claim they got rid of that rule to eliminate favouritism..
Don't ya love how this company excels at coming up with reasons for screwing us over, that make it look as though they're being just so noble and caring?

These assclowns are world champs. They would've tried to convince the Jews that the activities at Auschwitz were all being done in their best interest.