Strike Fund ?

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't plan on getting rich on the strike fund. I kind of remember getting something like 50 dollars a week but we had to turn that back over (plus like 15 bucks more) to keep our medical insurance active. I suppose like everything else it all depends on what local you are in so some probably pay more than others. Plan ahead- save your own strike fund..

jaker

trolling
Already started storing money away for August , the told the wife save as much as you can

We will use it for the strike or cosmetic surgery ( hoping surgery )

Johney

What are you all worried about? Didn't the Mayans(or their calender) say the world is going to end on Dec. 21,2012? Party Dec.20th!:wink2:

yeldarb

I think the strike fund would give a driver about 550 a week now. It's more leverage for the union. Now is not the time or place for a strike though.

barnyard

KTM rider
Striking during a rough economy would be a public relations disaster for the union and union represented employees. Conservative media would paint us as greedy bastards looking to bleed the company dry and that we should just be happy to be working. Conservatives would drink that sweet, sweet cool-aid and use it to promote more 'right to work' laws.

UPSGUY72

We will not go on strike those that think we will are nuts. Going on strike during a bad econmy would kill the union.. There are millions of people out of work...

Johney

I don't know, seem to work out for the NFL Refs and the Chicago teachers. Not that I'm promoting a strike but just don't be so sure it wouldn't work out.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would not call the Chicago teacher's strike a success. Conservative radio is exploding with commentators using it as the perfect example of why public employees should not be unionized. This is going to blow up in their collective faces.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
With Hoffa as our President we will NEVER, repeat, NEVER, go on strike. Rinse and repeat. Scott Davis might as well be our President.

DorkHead

I would not call the Chicago teacher's strike a success. Conservative radio is exploding with commentators using it as the perfect example of why public employees should not be unionized. This is going to blow up in their collective faces.

Really? Well I don`t listen to conservative radio or watch Faux news.

OptimusPrime

Striking during a rough economy would be a public relations disaster for the union and union represented employees. Conservative media would paint us as greedy bastards looking to bleed the company dry and that we should just be happy to be working. Conservatives would drink that sweet, sweet cool-aid and use it to promote more 'right to work' laws.

This X1000. We would be raked over the coals to hell and back. With a driver working only 40 hours making damn near 70k, would be a PR calamity.