Strike Fund ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brokedownandbrown, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Brokedownandbrown

Brokedownandbrown New Member

Have you seen the amount of CASH in the strike fund? Some big money.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

We will never use it but it's nice it's there for ups to see we have it.
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

Don't plan on getting rich on the strike fund. I kind of remember getting something like 50 dollars a week but we had to turn that back over (plus like 15 bucks more) to keep our medical insurance active. I suppose like everything else it all depends on what local you are in so some probably pay more than others. Plan ahead- save your own strike fund..
  4. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

We also received about 50 bucks a week. Out of that, we had to pay union dues. I won't rely on the promise of a strike fund.
  5. jaker

jaker trolling

Already started storing money away for August , the told the wife save as much as you can

We will use it for the strike or cosmetic surgery ( hoping surgery )
  6. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

What are you all worried about? Didn't the Mayans(or their calender) say the world is going to end on Dec. 21,2012? Party Dec.20th!:wink2:
  7. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

I think the strike fund would give a driver about 550 a week now. It's more leverage for the union. Now is not the time or place for a strike though.
  8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Striking during a rough economy would be a public relations disaster for the union and union represented employees. Conservative media would paint us as greedy bastards looking to bleed the company dry and that we should just be happy to be working. Conservatives would drink that sweet, sweet cool-aid and use it to promote more 'right to work' laws.
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

We will not go on strike those that think we will are nuts. Going on strike during a bad econmy would kill the union.. There are millions of people out of work...
  10. Johney

I don't know, seem to work out for the NFL Refs and the Chicago teachers. Not that I'm promoting a strike but just don't be so sure it wouldn't work out.
  11. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Worked for Verizon.
  12. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

They were out for maybe 2 weeks last summer if I recall, went back without a contract, and only came to an agreement recently. Would the Teamsters work a year without a contract at UPS?
  13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I would not call the Chicago teacher's strike a success. Conservative radio is exploding with commentators using it as the perfect example of why public employees should not be unionized. This is going to blow up in their collective faces.
  14. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Penile implant?
  15. Johney

I'm thinking Boob job since he asked his wife to save money.:uphere:
  16. jaker

jaker trolling

For me I lost 70lbs on lapband a year ago so I have a lot of extra skin to get removed , my wife the typical stuff little Lipo and a tummy tuck
  17. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

With Hoffa as our President we will NEVER, repeat, NEVER, go on strike. Rinse and repeat. Scott Davis might as well be our President.
  18. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Really? Well I don`t listen to conservative radio or watch Faux news.
  19. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

This X1000. We would be raked over the coals to hell and back. With a driver working only 40 hours making damn near 70k, would be a PR calamity.