401k self managed fund question

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Live long and prosper my friend
The dividends are what I am in it for. So far I have reinvested the dividend money for more stock. If I was to need more money than the pension check I can tap those dividends and still own all the stock. I now have 1900+ shares so the dividends at this point is a bit over $1000 a month. That will be the first money I will tap when needed.
What level did you end up at when you retired??? Thought you mgt folks that were there from the 70’s and 80’s had tens of thousands of shares.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Dividends are paid quarterly, not monthly.

I get a little over $3000 quarterly (every 3 months) so I was breaking it down to monthly. I have also said I get a little over $12,000 a year in dividends but that doesn’t mean they only pay me yearly. Figure of speach but still true.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
What level did you end up at when you retired??? Thought you mgt folks that were there from the 70’s and 80’s had tens of thousands of shares.

I never was in management. I was a driver so we couldn’t buy stock until the very late 1990’s. I didn’t start buying until 2000. If I would have known then what I know now I would have started buying on day 1 and would have had more money taken out of my paycheck weekly for stock. At first I had $50 a week taken then after a couple years I went to $75 and then quickly went to $100. My last few years I was up to $200 and in 2020 when COVID drove down the price of a share to around $90 a share I bought an extra $2000 worth on top of my weekly.
I retired a little over 3 yrs ago and at that time I think I had around 1750 shares. The dividend money is what has bought more shares since I retired.

Last edited:

pkgdriver

You folk in self managed, can you buy funds offered in the non-self managed accounts?
I think you can buy similar. The info on some of the Empower funds you have may have should have a ticker or Legal name you can use to buy. These shares may be Investor(us) and institutional(them or others like them) and have different costs. Some of them may be for institutional investors only.

pkgdriver

Logging into SMA from Prudential is gone. The link should now be on the Empower website in Account/Overview/Brokerage. It should log you in automatically to your SMA like Prudential did no password etc needed. App has totals but no link to SMA as of yet.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Logging into SMA from Prudential is gone. The link should now be on the Empower website in Account/Overview/Brokerage. It should log you in automatically to your SMA like Prudential did no password etc needed.
Fees the same on the SMA side?

That empower site isn't as good. Where is all the investment options?

pkgdriver

Fees the same on the SMA side?

That empower site isn't as good. Where is all the investment options?
I believe the SMA fees will be the same. It’s still the same company BnyMellon for the SMA.
The site seems to be ok for me just different from Prudential. The SMA isnt avaliable on the app yet.SMA totals are there but no link to the account.

Gotta Go

Was just able to log in to SMA from Empower, brokerage link is here....
1711412834206.png