Strike Vulnerable to Political and Media Pressure

Dangler

Banned
I just did answer your question, and told you why all those other people matter.
It’s apparent you are not capable of having this conversation.

cachmeifucan

Yea let’s just see the contract so we can vote. And they better do it early in case it gets voted down. Just the thought or whisper of a strike will make ups nervous. I got a feeling the retro check is in our future

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Furthermore, all good strategy contains/represents a mechanism for reflexive control when read by the opposition.
IYKYK

All you have is goals that you think the IBT should have. Still no strategies, or even action steps that any regular upser can employ. The only time it's a good idea to show your opposition you hand is if you have an insurmountable upper hand, or if you can make them think you do with misdirection. Otherwise, tipping your hand is for fools and people amateurs.

Thebrownblob

I wonder how many corporate twinks Carol Thome has absolutely crushed moving up into her executive career.

Image being some hard working Teamster getting ruthlessly beaten by some crazy looking broad wearing clown glasses all because you were too stupid to think first before acting.
You’ve already been beaten lol it’s clear. You are the Twink.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yea let’s just see the contract so we can vote. And they better do it early in case it gets voted down. Just the thought or whisper of a strike will make ups nervous. I got a feeling the retro check is in our future

They will be going through the Supplements, Riders first, once those are settled on to the Master.

No more Retros....just another term for Bonuses...used primarily for passing concessionary contracts...

The Deadline is set...no extension...no stonewalling ....

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They will be going through the Supplements, Riders first, once those are settled on to the Master.

No more Retros....just another term for Bonuses...used primarily for passing concessionary contracts...

But the reason for doing the master first is to see what they do there, then make proper adjustments at the regional and local levels. What if they negotiate something at the national level that voids supplemental language?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
But the reason for doing the master first is to see what they do there, then make proper adjustments at the regional and local levels. What if they negotiate something at the national level that voids supplemental language?

Have to ask O’Brien...I believe that Master language over rides Supplemental, except when there is superior language contained in the Supplements or Riders. Most of the GWI, pension and health and welfare contributions are spelled out under Master language.

The last couple of contracts were never settled and went past the deadline because members voting down their supplements. Really is a smart move to nail these supplements before getting to the Master.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Have to ask O’Brien...I believe that Master language over rides Supplemental, except when there is superior language contained in the Supplements or Riders. Most of the GWI, pension and health and welfare contributions are spelled out under Master language.

The last couple of contracts were never settled and went past the deadline because members voting down their supplements. Really is a smart move to nail these supplements before getting to the Master.

The master overrides supplemental language when it says it does. Company might be happy to give regions what they ask for knowing the master could shut it down. I'm not sure it's a great idea.

Thebrownblob

well put....thats why negotiators are responsible to get together and without bluster threats or coercions make a viable contract ....
They most certainly will do just that, The bluster will come if the company decides to drag their feet or not negotiate in good faith. If that doesn’t happen everything goes smooth.

542thruNthru

They will start negotiating the supplementals first but they won't be finished before the national. In my opinion the supplemental agreements take longer because they have more that constantly needs to be changed. National has a lot of areas that rarely get touched.