Supervisors Working

All my supervisors do it.
Sometime I even catch the managers doing it...

What is a supervisor allowed and not allowed to do?
What is the magic phrase to get my supervisor to stop working?

Shouldn't a supervisor just be improving the flow, making the work space safer breaking jams and flipping labels? Covering water and bathroom breaks. Instructing and Demonstrating.

Sometimes i see a supervisor solely manning a return slide. Or they make a team of 2 to knock out a truck quick.
I see them debagging into chutes.
I see them sorting and bagging smalls.
I see them alone at a pickoff.
I see them in the TIRERACK rolling tires.
I see them doing my tapeups

My supervisors will purposely lock themselves in a position where they are doing the job an an employee. When confronted they are pretty much like "your really gonna go there?" "you gonna play THAT card" "be THAT guy."

This is my money I'm talking about and the supervisors are the thieves stealing it from me.

km3

They're allowed to work for training purposes (training), but that's it as far as I can recall.

No, they should not be breaking jams or flipping labels. That's package handling, which is bargaining unit work. I wouldn't nitpick over something like that unless they were trying to send me home early.

BrownTexas

I'd file a grievance. I do all the time. They are not allowed in anyway to progress a package. They are allowed to work while training to only demonstrate. They like to load an entire car while the "new guy" loads the other car. I like those days because I get paid for the whole day. VACATION MONEY!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'd file a grievance. I do all the time. They are not allowed in anyway to progress a package. They are allowed to work while training to only demonstrate. They like to load an entire car while the "new guy" loads the other car. I like those days because I get paid for the whole day. VACATION MONEY!!!
If you think there are no other times outside of training where we can work you don't know the contract as well as you think.

BrownTexas

If you think there are no other times outside of training where we can work you don't know the contract as well as you think.
Unless you have exhausted all options, which never happens, then feel free to work. But if I file, I bet I still get a portion. And something is always better than nothing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless you have exhausted all options, which never happens, then feel free to work. But if I file, I bet I still get a portion. And something is always better than nothing.

What does "exhausted all options" mean to you?

To me it means calling anyone who has been laid off, is on vacation or has the day off, or works a different shift.

Calling the union hall is not an option for us as it is 90 minutes away.

BrownTexas

What does "exhausted all options" mean to you?

To me it means calling anyone who has been laid off, is on vacation or has the day off, or works a different shift.

Calling the union hall is not an option for us as it is 90 minutes away.
Pushing back start time, clocking in drivers early, and moving unloaders to load are a few more I can think of. A new one I believe worthwhile would be not giving checks out on Thursday. Lol. Seems Friday they are always understaffed.

Sorting a doubled up trailer. Maybe 2 walls still lying in the trailer.
Supervisor takes both workers out of the truck and sends them to a new bay.
Supervisor beckons another Sup pointing to the nearly finished trailer. And they finish off the truck.

If you call them out all they do is smile.
Rreps are around barley once a month and coincidentally those days no Sup feels like working.