Suprise checkride...am I a jerk?

I'm a real jerk, right?

• Nah, not really

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sure, but I like you anyway.

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Purple no more

When I was an Ops I would leave it up to the driver. I would take my lunch and either eat it in the truck or at a park and have the driver pick me up when they were done. Or, I would buy lunch, if we had a budget for it. I would not force myself on the driver or what ever they did on their lunch. It's their time.

El Morado Diablo

Funniest story I ever heard about a check ride was a driver using it to make a point to a manager about vehicle security. The manager was on a kick about windows having to be rolled up or closed at all stops. A day or two later he goes on a check ride with this driver on a rural route. It's the middle of summer, 100+ degrees. They're in an Econoline and the driver keeps the windows rolled up all day. On his lunch he parks the van in the middle of nowhere facing the sun and they sit there for an hour eating their lunch with the windows rolled up. The manager's turning red, they're both sweating bullets and he doesn't say anything to the driver or roll down his own window. When they got back to the station the manager told everyone "So-and-so tried to kill me today!". He didn't get any sympathy from the work group. The next day he told everyone they could have their windows rolled down or open at residential stops.

fedex_rtd

Funny one...I had the most anal manager for a while and decided to hose him over on a check ride. This guy came from a DGO location and tried to treat the heavyweight drivers like DGO drivers.

I always pack a lunch, and knowing that this manager did not have a class A license, I stopped the rig at a nice park for my break, this manager didn't pack a lunch, when he complained about it I tossed him the keys and told him he could drive to a restaurant if he wanted to. LOL

EvanStone

grindin
i remember a few years ago a friend of mine had a surprise checkride. his and the manager went to lunch and my buddy left while the manager was in the bathroom lol.

he was fired that afternoon lol

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When we allow the actions of others to dictate our response , we forfeit to that person control over ourselves. I would hope that I never stoop to their level. That's what separates man from the lower animals.