SurePost issues

Clerkboy

sic semper tyrannis
I was poking around the contract and came across some interesting findings regarding surepost. There are clear cut guidelines regarding surepost restrictions. The first & most obvious is that packages must be less than ten pounds. Next, the contract states that packages cannot exceed three cubic feet. The formula to figure the cubic feet of a package is the following: Length x width x height. Three cubic feet=5184. Anything exceeding that is in violation. The final and most obvious violation that I found is that surepost is to be offered from a commercial address to a residential address. In other words, no surepost to businesses. ANY & ALL SUREPOST PACKAGES MUST BE RESIDENTIAL....NO BUSINESSES!!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431774033.970549.jpg

10 point

I was poking around the contract and came across some interesting findings regarding surepost. There are clear cut guidelines regarding surepost restrictions. The first & most obvious is that packages must be less than ten pounds. Next, the contract states that packages cannot exceed three cubic feet. The formula to figure the cubic feet of a package is the following: Length x width x height. Three cubic feet=5184. Anything exceeding that is in violation. The final and most obvious violation that I found is that surepost is to be offered from a commercial address to a residential address. In other words, no surepost to businesses. ANY & ALL SUREPOST PACKAGES MUST BE RESIDENTIAL....NO BUSINESSES!!!
We called the IBT for clarification on the last part and they said that we can deliver the surepost pkgs to a commercial consignee IF the package is a personal package for someone who works there and not for the business.

That is about the lamest exemption I've heard for protecting our work.

Maybe I'll just driver release it since the IBT gurus say it's not a commercial pkg. Or I can go find the person who's name's on it and deliver it separately.
Whatever.

box_beeyotch

If this is truly the case, which it seems to be, the next time I have a surepost package going to the post office that weighs more than 10 pounds I'm filing a grievance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If this is truly the case, which it seems to be, the next time I have a surepost package going to the post office that weighs more than 10 pounds I'm filing a grievance.
Should we file a grieve against the shipper or the Union employee that missed it on the preload?

Technically not true. The system recognizes adjacent stops and diverts those back to us for final delivery.
Its a pile of crap. Just depends on how many routes they want to cut that day.

They would sooner give the post office extra money, than put a route in.

We got so many grievances filed its ridiculous.

The union turns a blind eye instead of standing up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Technically not true. The system recognizes adjacent stops and diverts those back to us for final delivery.
My point is that the technology only identifies the package and then the Union UPSer has to put on a new label or remove the top part of the original label. (I assume some of the procedures may have changed in the last couple of years since I've been gone).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My point is that the technology only identifies the package and then the Union UPSer has to put on a new label or remove the top part of the original label. (I assume some of the procedures may have changed in the last couple of years since I've been gone).

Things have changed.

The system identifies the pkg and the SPA label will either send it to the PO (ULD) or to the appropriate pkg car.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Things have changed.

The system identifies the pkg and the SPA label SHOULD either send it to the PO (ULD) or to the appropriate pkg car.

Fixed that for you.

When they first rolled this improvement out we were excited to see carts and carts in the ULD hold area with hold for future del PAL labels. As time marched on we went from 10 "laundry cart" bins full to a half of one. We all file when we see ULD packages on door steps del by the PO when it should have been on our trucks.

upschuck

It identifies the package by spa'ing it to the res address instead of the PO. With all the dimwt scanners at hubs, they know exactly what size and wt each box is, and should divert it to the correct driver.