Switch from night sort to preload good idea?

UPSGUY72

Ooooops, wrong, seniority has nothing to do with going into management. If they want you and you put in a letter, you're in if you can pass the tests and interviews. In fact you don't even need to be in the union at all to go into management, they hire some sups off the street.

I know that however most of the people in management started in the preload or local sort and then became a package car driver before moving on to management. UPS isn't going to hire a building SUP, center manager off the street. Are CEO started out on preload.

They do hire part-time Sup’s off the street.

They hire people like accountants, human resources, finance, etc. off the street.

blue efficacy

I like the night sort much better than Preload. However, Twilight is better than either. If for no other reason than the fact that it's the closest to "normal" hours.

UPSGUY72

I thought our CEO, Scott Davis, was the CEO of one of the companies UPS acquired 10-20 years ago at the time, and has been in the corporate echelon since.

I'm sorry In the Red I misspoke. I meant to say out of 12 members on the UPS management team 10 started out as part-timers.

Chief Operating Officer David Abney
SVP / Chief Information Officer David Barnes
SVP / Worldwide sales Alan Gershenhorn
SVP / Human Resources Allen Hill
Chief Financial Officer Kurt Kuehn

Alone with John Mcdevitt, Christine Owens, Bob stoffel, Jim Winestock, and Daniel Brutto.

InTheRed

guy - no worries.

good to know that most people up the chain have paid their dues and earned their browns. It's definitely something you can't learn in college.

UPSGUY72

I was just trying to point out to J.R.26 and Trplnkl that if you want to be in management then you better do your time on the union side of the company or you're not going have a very good chance of getting into a management position.

Deinte Fubara

EXACTLY!!! Ive been at ups for over 2 years now loading trailers on the local sort. Its to the point where im loading two trailers because they refuse to hire a replacement for the loader that quit..and on top of that they want us to hop out and unload package cars then hop back into the trailers and load. Then all of a sudden they want me to work pre load bust ass unloading trailers and breaking bags then go work on the local sort that evening...honestly im seriously considering joining the marines because at least over there they pay you and respect that you work hard. PS im making less than 10,000 a year with this company..what can brown do for you?...:censored2: all over you.