Syria

i donate to richard wolff democracy at work and thats what it does. but i donate because he is the #1 capitalism basher / coop promoter around.

ive donated to manning, wikileaks, democracy now, michael greger, snowden, etc who are all possibly anti capitalist but thats not their primary objective.

like i dont think rage against the machine is lying when they sing about anti capitalism, and i view it as a compromise them being on a big label, not selling out. its hard to not compromise.
So why are all these people (capitalists) becoming 1%’ers?

rickyb

So why are all these people (capitalists) becoming 1%’ers?
gregers a doctor, manning got alot of donations for her work exposing war crimes and being tortured by obama, wikileaks got rich off bitcoin and donations, wolffs a teacher and economist, etc

im not opposed to rich people, its how you got rich which i have a problem with.

gregers a doctor, manning got alot of donations for her work exposing war crimes and being tortured by obama, wikileaks got rich off bitcoin and donations, wolffs a teacher and economist, etc

im not opposed to rich people, its how you got rich which i have a problem with.
So you are saying they don’t really believe what they are selling you then.

rickyb

Soliciting a donation is a sales pitch. So why are these 1 %’ers doing the 1 %er thing? How much have these people made in book sales, speaking fees, etc.
better question is how much time have they spent doing stuff for free?

im only against some of the 1%ers

rickyb

great going:

Eastern Ghouta’s fall comes as the U.N. Security Council is set to meet in an emergency session today over the growing prospect of a war between Russia and the U.S., after President Trump threatened U.S. strikes in response to an alleged chemical weapons attack in Douma last Saturday. This is Russia’s U.N. Ambassador Vasily Nebenzya speaking Thursday.

Vasily Nebenzya: “The immediate priority is to avert the danger of war.”

Reporter: “Sir, you just mentioned that you want to avert the danger of war. The danger of war between the U.S. and Russia?”

Vasily Nebenzya: “Look, we cannot exclude any possibilities, unfortunately, because we saw—we saw messages that are coming from Washington. They were very bellicose. They know we are there. I hope, I wish there was dialogue through appropriate channels on this to avert any dangerous—any dangerous developments.”

rickyb

greenwald mentions US supporting israel currently killing civilians, saudi arabia killing civilians, america previously supporting countries which use chemical weapons.

rickyb

Glenn Greenwald‏Verified account @ggreenwald Apr 14

In August, 2013 - when Obama said he favored bombing the Syrian Government in response to chemical attacks - he said he preferred to do it with Congressional approval but claimed (wrongly) he the legal authority to bomb Syria *without* a vote from Congress https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/31/statement-president-syria …

DavocFKW0AAINpN.jpg