Taking a dump on the clock

I think is inference might be, from his perspective, there's no such thing as stealing time.

I'm thinking :

A) Troll

B) Amateur union steward (basing his knowledge on all the stuff "I heard at work") who couldn't buy a clue with a 2 for 1 coupon.

So you can't be forced to punch out for break if you have to go to the bathroom right?

What if I'm already punched out and have to crap? Am I allowed to go back on the clock before using the bathroom and then go back on break again when I'm done?
If it means that much to you prince your cheeks together hold it and feel uncomfortable until you are back on the clock. Being a ups driver who dabbled in the country I've become accustoms to this feeling.

feeder05

if you have to use the rest room they cannot force you to uuse a break. state laws allow you to use the rest room on company time. just don't abuse it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Still waiting for citation of contract language that would make it a discipline-able offense.

Just because it's "not [explicitly] in the contract" doesn't mean the company can't fire you for it. The company has the contractual right to fire you for "just cause."

When an arbitrator looks at a discipline dispute, the arbitrator first asks whether the employee's wrongdoing has been proven by the employer, and then asks whether the method of discipline should be upheld or modified. In 1966, an arbitrator, Professor Carroll Daugherty, expanded these principles into seven tests for just cause. The concepts encompassed within his seven tests are still frequently used by arbitrators when deciding discipline cases.

Daugherty's seven tests are as follows:

• Was the employee forewarned of the consequences of his or her actions?
  • Are the employer's rules reasonably related to business efficiency and performance the employer might reasonably expect from the employee?
  • Was an effort made before discipline or discharge to determine whether the employee was guilty as charged?
  • Was the investigation conducted fairly and objectively?
  • Did the employer obtain substantial evidence of the employee's guilt?
  • Were the rules applied fairly and without discrimination?
  • Was the degree of discipline reasonably related to the seriousness of the employee's offense and the employee's past record?

There's no mention in the CBA of what would happen if I punched a supervisor in the face, but I can guarantee you I wouldn't have a job if I walked up to my sort manager and laid him out.

Just because it's "not [explicitly] in the contract" doesn't mean the company can't fire you for it. The company has the contractual right to fire you for "just cause."

There's no mention in the CBA of what would happen if I punched a supervisor in the face, but I can guarantee you I wouldn't have a job if I walked up to my sort manager and laid him out.
Bottom line, If you gotta poop....poop! Just don't abuse it!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

You'd also most likely start the following day pooping in a cell with 10 other guys! :backingout:

Not even under Cardinal Sin: fighting in the workplace?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Not even under Cardinal Sin: fighting in the workplace?

I've only seen fighting cited as breaking the company's "zero tolerance" policy on workplace violence. But firing someone for fighting would be "with just cause" even if it's not listed as a cardinal sin in the supplement. Probably the same end result, but the cardinal sins in my area are only listed as: drinking while on duty, possessing/using illegal drugs while on duty, carrying unauthorized passengers, dishonesty, and recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty.

blkmamba

I had an employee that would wait until break was called and then would use the bathroom for another five minutes. Yes it sucked but he always told me he was going and there was nothing I could do about it but say tomorrow, go during break. He had the reply, "when you gotta go you gotta go" and he was right. He was always paid to use the bathroom but if he started using it for anything longer than five minutes I would have raised a concern.

Point being just tell your sup when you have to go. As a part time employee you should only clock in to start and clock out when you leave.