Taking an occurrence: is a Friday--Monday a 2 for 1?

Etaukan

So okay, I've been here nine years, (working monday through friday), and I've taken any number of friday-monday occurrences. They have, to the best of my memory, always been counted as one occurrence, just like a Tuesday/Wednesday or a Thursday/Friday.
Today, however, my supervisor is telling me that no, that would be two occurrences, because... the weekend is in the middle?
?????
Is this new, have all my old supes been amazingly forgiving, or is this one utterly wrong?

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ask your Steward or BA. Local practices differ.

Where I'm at, it is 1 occurrence. Consecutive working days count as 1.

Friday and Monday is no different than Wednesday and Thursday.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
One occurrence. Supervisors will say anything to prevent you from calling in, particularly lying. So if you came down with a bad case of the flu on Friday, and still were sick on Monday, that would be two occurrences? No. Nothing a grievance wouldn't correct.

UPSGUY72

It is two separate pay periods and as such would be considered to be two occurrences.

It's consecutive work days. Pay periods have nothing to do with it. Unless you rider specifically says that you have been letting the screw you for years.

It's book off to book on. If you book of on Friday and don't book back on till Tuesday or Wednesday that's one occurrence.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's consecutive work days. Pay periods have nothing to do with it. Unless you rider specifically says that you have been letting the screw you for years.

It's book off to book on. If you book of on Friday and don't book back on till Tuesday or Wednesday that's one occurrence.

Not here. We have to call in each and every day and need to provide a doctor's note after the 3rd day.

AKCoverMan

Yet another example of how things are different everywhere. Different regions, different locals, different buildings all have different practices based on all I read on BC.

Probably most of us see UPS thru the narrow view of what takes place in our one center. I've been at it ten years and never set foot in another center.