Tea Party Founder Speaks Out

wkmac

A financial blogger and ex-CEO credited with being one of the original "founders" of the Tea Party has come out against the movement, saying it has been hijacked by the very people it was protesting and is now obsessed with "guns, gays and God."
In a "message" to the Tea Party Wednesday, Karl Denninger declared that he "ought to sue" anyone who uses the Tea Party name "for defamation."
"Yeah, that's a joke," he writes. "But so are you. All of you. Especially Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Bob Barr, and :censored2:bag groups such as the 'Tea Party Patriots.'"
Denninger writes: "Tea Party my ass. This was nothing other than the Republican Party stealing the anger of a population that was fed up with the Republican Party's own theft of their tax money at gunpoint to bail out the robbers of Wall Street and fraudulently redirecting it back toward electing the very people who stole all the ****ing money!"
Denninger runs Market Ticker, a financially-focused blog that has been strongly opposed to bank bailouts and has railed against excessive government spending. He founded the group FedUpUSA in early 2008, shortly after the collapse of investment bank Bear Stearns.

Tea Party Founder Says Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich are A Joke, Neocons Sent in to Takeover His Constitutional Movement

And he would be right too!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My favorite part of the article was....THE WHOLE THING!

Havent we been saying this from the jump??

Palin, newt, santorum, blah blah blah all = A BIG JOKE.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
No matter what groups are out there, each voter has their own opinion and one vote.

'Tea Party' is an idea. People will vote for whoever fits their way of thinking....................Nobody is 'boss' over an idea.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No matter what groups are out there, each voter has their own opinion and one vote.

'Tea Party' is an idea. People will vote for whoever fits their way of thinking....................Nobody is 'boss' over an idea.

The TEA PARTY is DEAD. No longer an idea. Mitt Romney and the support he has put the final nail into the falacy that was the TEA PARTY. The "idea" has been hijacked by the same GOP talking points, GOD, GUNS and GAYS.

The TEA PARTY had some momentum coming out of 2010 and now its just a bunch of nobodys with nothing to say.

Peace

TOS

brett636

I've been a tea party supporter since the beginning, and I have never heard of this guy. In fact one of the best parts of the tea party is the fact that it had no real founder, but the problem with it is you have guys like this who take the "tea party founder" mantle for themselves even though they just joined in like the rest of us and then make stupid comments like this. I see nothing of value here. Only someone attempting to inflate their own self importance to a level that it was never meant to be.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been a tea party supporter since the beginning, and I have never heard of this guy. In fact one of the best parts of the tea party is the fact that it had no real founder, but the problem with it is you have guys like this who take the "tea party founder" mantle for themselves even though they just joined in like the rest of us and then make stupid comments like this. I see nothing of value here. Only someone attempting to inflate their own self importance to a level that it was never meant to be.

OMG!! You are a Tea Party supporter? I never would have known. The best thing about the Tea Party is it's never-ending comic value.

bbsam

Staff member
Seriously, what did this guy think would happen? Did he really think he was going to get to steer the boat?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We can laugh at this guy, but in reality he is correct. The TEA PARTY was founded by individuals and soon taken over by corporations. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who believes otherwise is only fooling themselves. The original founders of the concept (guys like this) got pushed aside for the establishment GOP with the money.

The KOCH brothers gave the largest PUSH to guys like this. The tea party express here in california is a corporation of GOP regulars, nothing grass roots about them. BRETT is merely a "weed" in this new astroturf movement.

I am sure BRETT joined with good intentions, but those intentions were taken over by the three G's.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

We can laugh at this guy, but in reality he is correct. The TEA PARTY was founded by individuals and soon taken over by corporations. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who believes otherwise is only fooling themselves. The original founders of the concept (guys like this) got pushed aside for the establishment GOP with the money.

The KOCH brothers gave the largest PUSH to guys like this. The tea party express here in california is a corporation of GOP regulars, nothing grass roots about them. BRETT is merely a "weed" in this new astroturf movement.

I am sure BRETT joined with good intentions, but those intentions were taken over by the three G's.

Peace

TOS

Wonder if Brett knows who Trevor Leach is since he's so knowledgeable on the Tea Party Movement? And funny how Denninger help launch the cause
yet the self proclaim tea party folks say they've never heard of him. More interesting is the fact that the republican partiarches bleat and bleat about the evils of Ron Paul and yet when you know the history, these same partiarches are once again walking in Ron Paul's footsteps but ignoring his work and claiming it as their own.

And credit to Jon Stewart who knows the facts of history and listen starting at the 2:20 and who Jon credits with planting the Tea Party grass.

No wonder these folks who pretend they want limited gov't go chasing after "wanna-be's" at election time!

bbsam

Staff member
Jon Stewart has been very good at pointing out how Ron Paul has been ignored through the entire process even when finishing strong.

brett636

Wonder if Brett knows who Trevor Leach is since he's so knowledgeable on the Tea Party Movement? And funny how Denninger help launch the cause
yet the self proclaim tea party folks say they've never heard of him. More interesting is the fact that the republican partiarches bleat and bleat about the evils of Ron Paul and yet when you know the history, these same partiarches are once again walking in Ron Paul's footsteps but ignoring his work and claiming it as their own.

And credit to Jon Stewart who knows the facts of history and listen starting at the 2:20 and who Jon credits with planting the Tea Party grass.

No wonder these folks who pretend they want limited gov't go chasing after "wanna-be's" at election time!

The first national tea party rally occurred on tax day in 2009, and I followed that extensively. I never once heard the names Karl Denninger or Trevor Leach. They were no names then just as they are now.

Also, I am still waiting on your response to Ron Paul cozying up to the biggest RINO in the race Mitt Romney. Could it be that old ron is just as big of a hypocrite as the rest of Washington's politicians? Is a ringing endorsement of Romneycare coming next?

I can't tell you what year it was, but when I first heard of the Tea Party ( I do think it was in 2009) I was in support of the basic principles of reducing the size of government, reducing the run-a-way government spending and increasing security of the boarders of the USA. I still support those ideals. I do not donate money to any Tea Party organization and never have. I will support (with my vote) any candidate once that vows to do those things.

brett636

In Iowa straw pole he was a strong 2nd. Didn't here about it, did you? Proves my point.

Here we are 3 months after the Iowa caucus and you are still talking about poll results? The only poll that matters is the one held on election day, and on that day Ron Paul finished 3rd.

bbsam

Staff member
Poin is is that when Ron Paul was placing strong, nobody paid any attention. Can't say that about Bachman, Perry, Cain, or Gingrich, can you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Poin is is that when Ron Paul was placing strong, nobody paid any attention. Can't say that about Bachman, Perry, Cain, or Gingrich, can you?
That's because Ron Paul has his steady followers and they are loyal as hell (like the guy with the sign in the desert off the I-15), however, he has no chance in hell of being the Republican candidate!!

brett636

You call 2nd place strong? 2nd place is the first loser. The losing team of the superbowl doesn't get all the confetti and awards celebrations, the winning team does. Ron Paul is irrelevant, always has been and is continuing to be so. I'm not surprised at his lack of coverage.

bbsam

Staff member
You call 2nd place strong? 2nd place is the first loser. The losing team of the superbowl doesn't get all the confetti and awards celebrations, the winning team does. Ron Paul is irrelevant, always has been and is continuing to be so. I'm not surprised at his lack of coverage.
With an attitude like that, a part machine insisting on it, and a media chasing everyone but him, I agree. He doesn't stand a chance. At least he can go to bed at ease knowing he's not Buddy Roemer.