TEAMCARE......

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's been 1 punch a week in the southern as well. More times than I can remember there are FT employees muttering "I have to work at least one day to maintain insurance", otherwise they'd go home for weeks at a time. These are the same folks who live paycheck to paycheck.

dragracer66

What a lot of you guys aren't getting is 623 isn't being offered the same teamcare plan that some of you already have. You can say you have this and you have that. 623 is being offered a Yugo health plan when a lot of you have a Cadillac plan. All they are fighting for is the Cadillac plan that we all deserve...

Inthegame

What a lot of you guys aren't getting is 623 isn't being offered the same teamcare plan that some of you already have. You can say you have this and you have that. 623 is being offered a Yugo health plan when a lot of you have a Cadillac plan. All they are fighting for is the Cadillac plan that we all deserve...
With the exception of the "carve out" locals, L623 will be under the same TeamCare plan that every other local moving from the company plans will be under. This plan is superior to the best previously offered C-6 plan.
UPS offerd a great plan but it's the past. TeamCare is offering a great plan and it's the future.
You lost any morsel of credibility when you called the TeamCare plan a Yugo.

sdwc

I still have my company plan. It's the PRESENT!! I guarantee we will get another better offer than we currently have!! Time will tell all!!

Stonefish

I still have my company plan. It's the PRESENT!! I guarantee we will get another better offer than we currently have!! Time will tell all!!
If you think you are going to stay in the ETNA (Company Plan) good luck with that.
If you think you are going to be in a superior plan than the rest of the country, good luck with that also.

Stonefish

I think the company will call your bluff on this one. Don't be too surprised if the rest of the country leaves you all hanging out to dry.
I agree.
The problem is they won't care about him because they will be working, getting paid and have their benefits.

sdwc

Marne I was at the meeting. George admitted that if western pa is shot down this week we have a good chance at getting better healthcare. I guess he's on board with the members now.

Inthegame

Stonefish

I believe the point here is existing Union Plans have different levels of benefits, whereas TeamCare will be uniform throughout the country. Any group under the UPS "company" plan is going to TeamCare while existing Union plans are continuing as is.
You are 100% correct and on point. There are local union's across the country that have their own health care plan and they are going to maintain it. That part is in the National and Central Region parts of the contract that was approved by the membership. All others that were in the company plan are in TEAMCARE. Voting down your Rider isn't going to change that.