Teamsters magazine cover "If Mitt Romney wins, we all lose" Who are you voting for?

BrownArmy

Re: Teamsters magazine cover "If Mitt Romney wins, we all lose" Who are you voting fo

Obama's not my favorite (community organizer, wtf?), but he's got my vote, because I just really REALLY don't like Romney.

I live in MA and I went through 4 years of Romney as Governor.

He likes to say he didn't raise taxes in MA...literally true but a white lie nonetheless: he raised soooo many fees for so many things...basically the cost of being a citizen (licensing fees for professionals, registration and license fees for drivers, fees for lead poisoning tests (?), on and on and on).

He was basically running for President the whole time...this guy wants to be President so bad he's wetting himself.

He's a chameleon in terms of what he'll say in order to get votes in this current election.

What amuses me is all the 'right'-leaning members on this forum are rallying behind Romney, reiterating his talking points, when in fact Romney isn't ideological at all and is in reality more of a moderate...he moved MAD right to win the nomination, and now he's moving back to the center to try and win the election.

The truth is, if Romney gets elected, he'll be much like the Governor he was in MA. He's running a con-game on the Republican base about where his fervor lies. In fact, he's Pro-Choice, could care less about guns one way or another, likely won't repeal the Affordable Care Act, on and on and on.

He's selling the voters a bill of goods he has no ability to satisfy (sounds a lot like 'Hope and Change' to me).

Romney will say whatever it takes to whichever audience he's addressing if he thinks it will gain him votes, even if it means contradicting himself repeatedly...he's choosing to believe that most people go for style over substance, and that it's a shell-game that he can win if he just mollifies each and every constituency group, even if he says a different thing on Wednesday than he did on Tuesday.

I'm not that into Obama. I'm not sure he's quite qualified for the job. Obama's not a Reagan or a Clinton, he's just...Obama. If this is even possible, I think he's just too smart for the job. I think he's too calculating. There's absolutely no John Wayne in Obama, and I think every President needs to embrace a little John Wayne (p.s. how many of you know that JW's real name was Marion Mitchell Morrison?)

Point being: I REALLY DON'T LIKE MITT ROMNEY, so I'll vote for Obama.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Re: Teamsters magazine cover "If Mitt Romney wins, we all lose" Who are you voting fo

And the very job creators you are attempting to use as an example to spite me are the same people you probably normally whine about making too much money and not paying their "fair share" of taxes. LOL!

Well maybe some of them are happy with their jobs? Maybe some are lacking any desire to better themselves? Or maybe some are waiting on the government to solve their problems for them? Regardless of their reasons for being where they are I can guarantee you one thing.....reading Teamsters Magazine and accepting its voting advice IS NOT going to help them one bit. Now go read your magazine and maybe it'll tell you how to respond to this. ALL HAIL THE TEAMSTERS!! LOL! Look...use the union for what its meant for but try doing your thinking for yourself.

Yeah, again with the job creators, bs. Maybe YOU should think for yourself instead of recycling Karl Rove-isms and GOP talking points. Yeah, the job creators. They got huge tax breaks in the Bush years, and they just rained jobs down on us didn't they? Hello??

Since you live "below the Mason-Dixon line", an area of the country that is famous for it's anti-union stance, and lower wages and benefits, perhaps you should begin thinking for yourself instead of ripping pages out of the GOP playbook.

iruhnman630

I'll vote for whichever candidate promises to issue a presidential order requiring the use of paragraphs when posting on the internet.

iruhnman630

Mitt Romney scams the system with his tax breaks. Mother friend*er paid 14% taxes out of 30 million I paid 30%. WTF
Good to see the seeds are planted in your mind for a flat tax idea....everybody pays the same rate.

So Romney paid 14%.....14% of what? Versus your 30%....30% of what?

Feel free to explain how adhering to our ridiculous tax code and coming out with an illusion of an advantage is scamming, and how it makes him want to have sex with a mother...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

So, you.......are..........the 99%? Occupy Brown Cafe?

the top 1% are all Republicans too, I totally forgot.

I vote Republican because I hate hand outs to "people" on welfare and scamming the system.

Case in point for voting against your own economic interests. You're voting for Romney/Ryan because of handouts and scammers? Wow, just wow, man.

iruhnman630

Case in point for voting against your own economic interests.
Dragging us into an economically and socially crippling collective philosophy, as Obama is trying to do with his fundamental change, is NOT in the best economic interests of the typical union member.

Good to see the seeds are planted in your mind for a flat tax idea....everybody pays the same rate.

So Romney paid 14%.....14% of what? Versus your 30%....30% of what?

Feel free to explain how adhering to our ridiculous tax code and coming out with an illusion of an advantage is scamming, and how it makes him want to have sex with a mother...
So why do I pay a higher percent??? Is is because I can afford it more than he can??

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest

BrownArmy -- I do not like either of them... That is why I am voting for Gary Johnson.

Dragging us into an economically and socially crippling collective philosophy, as Obama is trying to do with his fundamental change, is NOT in the best economic interests of the typical union member.
George Bush set us back at least 20 years and you guys expect Obama to have it all fixed in 4 years. Keep smoking those blunts. Why you are at it pour some out for your dead republican homies.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest

anonymous

Just remember the problem lies much more with the Congress than the President.

iruhnman630

So why do I pay a higher percent??? Is is because I can afford it more than he can??
Tax on wages earned vs tax on other earnings? That's the tax code. I'm sure Ol Mitt payed more in taxes than all of us here on Brown Cafe will earn in wages the next five years combined.

Tax on wages earned vs tax on other earnings? That's the tax code. I'm sure Ol Mitt payed more in taxes than all of us here on Brown Cafe will earn in wages the next five years combined.
Who can afford it more he or I??

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest

Stop worrying about who paid more in taxes... that matters less than who will guide the country to a new period of everyone being prosperous. Democrats and Republicans political big wigs all make more money than us and pay lower percentages in taxes... and none of them are likely to want to change that no matter what they say. That argument is just meant to distract you.

OptimusPrime

Stop worrying about who paid more in taxes... that matters less than who will guide the country to a new period of everyone being prosperous. Democrats and Republicans political big wigs all make more money than us and pay lower percentages in taxes... and none of them are likely to want to change that no matter what they say. That argument is just meant to distract you.

It goes a bit beyond that. If Millionaire/Billionaire "X" has off shore accounts, etc, that's one thing. Tax loopholes and all, godspeed. That's the "system", but in my mind if you want to be President you are held to a different standard. By doing taxation finagling you are sending a message that personal wealth is a priority. So much so you didn't even bother to shut it all down prior to the nomination. And then to feign that you can no positives from it, just something you do? Come on man.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who can afford it more he or I??

Who cares u want him to pay more because he was either smarter or worker harder than you to make more money. Let me guess when you were a kid and u went trick or treating with your brothers and even though you quit after an hour and they kept going all night your mommy made them give u an equal share because they could afford to lose more. A flat tax is fair anything else is punishing high income earners.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Status-quo?