Ted Cruz on the Floor

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Worst TED talk ever.

Hard to be folksy after a Princeton education and Harvard law School.

Never mind the lies.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Political games from the do nothing GOP.

Ted Cruz is an idiot. Need more proof? Wait for his interview on Hannity later tonight.

Should Confirm it.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Political games from the do nothing GOP.

Ted Cruz is an idiot. Need more proof? Wait for his interview on Hannity later tonight.

Should Confirm it.

Peace

TOS
Great leader met "behind closed doors" because of bisexuality visibility day.........behind closed doors on a visibility issue? He's the true idiot!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
What in the world are you talking about?

I don't receive the frequency you do.
Maybe you should actually read or listen to the news and you'd know all about this event and what your great leader is up to. I guess there's nothing else important going on in the world.........so bisexuality tops O's list of things to address.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Maybe you should actually read or listen to the news and you'd know all about this event and what your great leader is up to. I guess there's nothing else important going on in the world.........so bisexuality tops O's list of things to address.
Bottom line, you have NO respect for the rights of the LGBT community because of your religious beliefs. That's what this is really about.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

How do you use the word "celebrates" for a meeting? Just because some writer put his "personal opinion" on his piece, how does this speak for the white house?

The writer points out in his own article , that this meeting "coincides" with national bisexual visibility day and somehow comes to the conclusion that there is a "celebration" occuring behind closed doors.

What is the writer attempting to suggest? That the Obamas are having balloons and rainbows all over the white house with 70's music and flashing lights?

This was a "meeting". Just like the HUNDREDS of meetings the white house hosts for all kinds of activists.

Something out of nothing cause the drones of FUX news just cant think for themselves. The power of suggestion has a grip on people, especially the old ones.

Peace

TOS

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Cruz could easily break the previous 43 hour filibuster record by simply reading the entire 2471 pages of the Affordable Healthcare Act. It would also be the first time it was entirely read in the Senate.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bottom line, you have NO respect for the rights of the LGBT community because of your religious beliefs. That's what this is really about.

You have no idea what you are talking about............one of my friends who used to live next door is gay. We e-mail everyday now since he moved to New Mexico. His ex-partner is still next door with a new mate. I have respect for their rights.........I just don't think other's rights should be sacrificed to accommodate them or any other 'group'.

The state of CA. had declared Chaz a man........he/she hadn't had any surgery and was still a girl anatomically. That's an example of bending over backward. (a small example)

Oh, and try to keep up....it's
LGBTQ Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cruz and team are now fourth on the all-time list. If they go to 3 pm, they will have the longest:
Via WaPo:
4. Sen. Robert La Follette (R-Wis.) (1908): 18:23
Cruz would need to speak until 9:05 a.m. to surpass La Follette.
3. Sen. Wayne Morse (I-Ore.) (1953): 22:26
Cruz would need to speak until 1:08 p.m. to surpass Morse.
2. D’Amato (1986): 23:30
Cruz would need to speak until 2:12: p.m. to surpass D’Amato.
1. Sen. Strom Thurmond (D-S.C.) (1957): 24:18
Cruz would need to speak until 2:59 p.m. to surpass Thurmond.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Cruz could easily break the previous 43 hour filibuster record by simply reading the entire 2471 pages of the Affordable Healthcare Act. It would also be the first time it was entirely read in the Senate.
Except it's not a filibuster. It's just bluster.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Instead, he impressed the american public who wants the goverment to discuss the budget and come to a resolution by reading GREEN EGGS and HAM on the senate floor.

This demonstrates what a bunch of morons the right wing has to offer america. Everything is about an imminence front.

A front that only impresses the gulible.

Good luck killing obamacare.

Peace

TOS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Discussing a budget ??? Like the budget we've had the past 5 years ??

I'm going to borrow from Ezra Klein here and ask a rhetorical question. If Obamacare is going to be such a disaster, why don't Republicans STFU and just let it take effect? This would allow the GOP to crush the Democrats in the next election cycle and possibly the 2016 Presidential race, right? My answer to this would be that the GOP is extremely afraid that Obamacare might actually work, and that it will strengthen Democratic power.

sjcea0512

I'm going to borrow from Ezra Klein here and ask a rhetorical question. If Obamacare is going to be such a disaster, why don't Republicans STFU and just let it take effect? This would allow the GOP to crush the Democrats in the next election cycle and possibly the 2016 Presidential race, right? My answer to this would be that the GOP is extremely afraid that Obamacare might actually work, and that it will strengthen Democratic power.

There is nothing about obamacare that will work. Its a train wreck of problems long before its implementation and every special interest group out there is seeking ( and if you support Obama often getting) waivers to stay far away from it! CBO (original) phoney cost estimiate was $900,000,000,000.00. It has since more than doubled in reality to just over ( get ready to count the zeros) $1,900,000,000,000.00. And as we all should already know. Even that is just an estimate and what happens to the numbers after a government estimate? The cost of this disaster of a law will probably double if not triple yet again. And all this doesn't even take into the fact of what is actually in this worthless bill. Take the time to actually try and read it! I have read most of this law over the last 2 years. Once you actually understand it and not the government lies and propaganda in support of it. Then and only then will you fully understand just how bad this law truely is and not before!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You should really be questioning ..Why doesn't the LGBTQ community respect my religious beliefs ?
What you mean is they don't have the same religious beliefs as you. The government has no business being involved with marriage AT ALL, gay or straight. If a priest or pastor doesn't want to marry a couple that's their choice. Believe it or not, there are plenty of churches that marry gay couples, the government has no respect for their religious beliefs and doesn't recognize these marriages though.

I have respect for their rights.........I just don't think other's rights should be sacrificed to accommodate them or any other 'group'.
What rights are being sacrificed?

You're complaining that Obama is meeting with LGBT activists about issues facing their community. Would you be complaining friend it were a Republican, and he was meeting with conservative Christian leaders about their issues and what they want?

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
" What rights are being sacrificed? "

I gave you a small example........the one about Chaz Bono. You must practice selective reading.