Temp Driver with Guarantee Pay on paystub?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by turbostixxx, Oct 21, 2015.

1. turbostixxx

turbostixxx Brown Santa

So checked my paystub this evening, as I always do. I just hit my 30 days last week (woot!) and I see on my paystub from last week .45 hours with Guarantee next to it. Wondering why that is there all of a sudden...any insight is greatly appreciated!

2. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

You completed a day in less than 8 hours; you will be paid for the full eight.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. turbostixxx

turbostixxx Brown Santa

Well alrighty then! Figured that was it, but thought that was just for FT drivers, not temp. Works for me!

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Don't expect that to ever happen again. That was the just the carrot, here comes the stick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. turbostixxx

turbostixxx Brown Santa

It hurts so good!

6. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Sounds like the wrong paycode was in your DIAD and nobody caught it

7. PT Car Washer

No, I stand by the carrot and the stick theory. Seen it happen too many times before. I still fall for it.

8. FrigidFTSup

What do you mean? Like you all of a sudden think you have guarantee pay and go a little faster?

9. PT Car Washer

I guess I was thinking the new driver thought "wow, I get paid for driving home from work. What a great job." Next day or next week comes reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. turbostixxx

turbostixxx Brown Santa

I don't get paid for driving home?! This is not what I signed up for dagnabit! They told me I was getting paid driving to and from work and sitting down for dinner with the family!

11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If he took all
    Of his break and completed his work and no one told him to help anyone. Then no one has a right to change his code to 05

12. FrigidFTSup

He's a temp. He doesn't get guarantee.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

He is not guaranteed to work every day but when he is put to work he is guaranteed his 8.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. turbostixxx

turbostixxx Brown Santa

Is this only after you complete your 30 days? New to all of this and it gets confusing as hell sometimes. You hear things get thrown around all the time. Like drivers trying to tell me since I am done my 30 I am FT. Not the case and I know this. I am a permanent PT trying to make FT if my learning has taught me anything correctly.

15. FrigidFTSup

Timecards won't accept 06 for someone classified seasonal or temporary.

16. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Upstate is right. TCDs code in as 4C for a full route 8 hour guarantee day or 3C if running ground at temp rate before/after a part time shift without 8 hour guarantee.

17. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Yep. When management sees they went too easy on a TCD they'll shovel it on.