The time has come to get back in brown

Little back story:
I was a 22.4 for 3 years in NJ. My in-laws are getting older so my wife wanted to be closer to them. My wife is the breadwinner and I informed my sups of the situation and they said “yeah we can figure a way to transfer you down” my wife and I closed on our house down in Florida. Guess what they lied. I wound up having to quit back in March and have been waiting to get back in ever since

I’ve been checking the website daily and finally saw the seasonal driver position open up. I applied got the conditional offer I just have to schedule my road test. Problem is there’s no availability. I refresh almost hourly, called the number but it sends me to a call center where these people have no idea they say keep checking.

What I want to know is if your centers have seen any casuals start yet? Or even know if they started road testing yet ? I have a feeling they are just getting ready and October they will start. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

PT Car Washer

Little back story:
I was a 22.4 for 3 years in NJ. My in-laws are getting older so my wife wanted to be closer to them. My wife is the breadwinner and I informed my sups of the situation and they said “yeah we can figure a way to transfer you down” my wife and I closed on our house down in Florida. Guess what they lied. I wound up having to quit back in March and have been waiting to get back in ever since

I’ve been checking the website daily and finally saw the seasonal driver position open up. I applied got the conditional offer I just have to schedule my road test. Problem is there’s no availability. I refresh almost hourly, called the number but it sends me to a call center where these people have no idea they say keep checking.

What I want to know is if your centers have seen any casuals start yet? Or even know if they started road testing yet ? I have a feeling they are just getting ready and October they will start. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
My building has started road testing and started a delivery driver class. Last week we had drivers laid off. Getting ready for when UPS can't force a 6 day punch next month.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Little back story:

You could be on the do not hire list

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Guess what they lied.
UPS management being less than truthful? Say it ain't so. I think I sure would have checked with your local about the transfer before I'd believe anyone with a tie. As far as I know, only the west coast can transfer, and even then, there are hoops to jump thru. Good luck catching back on.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Little back story:

You gone. Lost your reto too

MrBates

What I want to know is if your centers have seen any casuals start yet? Or even know if they started road testing yet ? I have a feeling they are just getting ready and October they will start. Any info would be greatly apappreciated.
Jersey here. center manager said last week they are not hiring any casuals this year. There will be a hiring freeze for quite some time. In fact they probably will be cleaning house and getting rid of some middle management to pay us $170k/year.

Little back story:

You want to start over?
Remember you will lose your pension!

21Savage

Little back story:

Yup seen lots of new hires the last couple weeks. They're training already.

Johney

You could be on the do not hire list
Or could be he has to wait his turn just like everyone else.
Isn't everyone who once worked for Brown?
Nope.
You want to start over?
Remember you will lose your pension!
Absolutely false. Feeder driver left here(quit)went to Ohio to take care of his mother UPS hired him immediately. Lost seniority and had to start over in pay rate, but lost NO pension time. As a matter of fact he still kept his safe driving years.

oldngray

nowhere special

Nope.

Absolutely false. Feeder driver left here(quit)went to Ohio to take care of his mother UPS hired him immediately. Lost seniority and had to start over in pay rate, but lost NO pension time. As a matter of fact he still kept his safe driving years.
Pension time is through the union so doesn't matter. I have seen people move and get "rehired" and while they may supposedly start again from the bottom UPS will usually fast track them to gain back seniority.

Nope.

But if he's in a different pension plan and doesn't have 5 years he is not vested

Johney

But if he's in a different pension plan and doesn't have 5 years he is not vested
He had 20 years here. I’m not sure if Ohio is the same as Florida all I know is he didn’t lose any pension time. He looked into it very thoroughly before leaving, he was also a shop steward for many years so I’m quite sure he knew what he was doing.

He had 20 years here. I’m not sure if Ohio is the same as Florida all I know is he didn’t lose any pension time. He looked into it very thoroughly before leaving, he was also a shop steward for many years so I’m quite sure he knew what he was doing.
I was talking about the guy that originally started this thread

pkgdriver

Nope.

I believe Florida and some of Ohio were Central States so this is possible. The OP nope.

Last edited: