Tennessee UPS people

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by moreluck, May 13, 2008.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Whoever is trying to post something....try it on this thread

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

For some reason when you use "UPSers" in a new thread title it comes out as an error

3. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Thanks ML:happy-very: My question is if theres a hub or center in chattanooga,tn?

4. bigbrownman

bigbrownman Brown on Brown

I went to driving school with 2 guys in Nashville who were from a center in Chattanooga TN, so yes there is.

5. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I also went to driving school in Nashville. There were guys from all over the state there. Most of them were all "off the street" hires (supervisors) that were put in hotels that UPS paid for. I couldn't help but wonder why some of these guys didn't go to the driving schools at the hubs they were closer to so I asked them about it. They were sent to our class because there wasn't a driving school scheduled for a while in their areas. The big whigs in their buildings pulled some strings to make it happen so they'd be in their new jobs as soon as possible. This was interesting to me because I know of plenty of people (including myself) that had to wait for openings in our area but these guys were just sent across the state and put up in a hotel at UPS's expense in order to get them on the road quicker. LOL! How whacky is that?

6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Chattanooga is one of the largest cities in Tennessee. It definitely has a hub.

7. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Thanks for the answers :happy2:

8. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Big, you just haven't thought it through, it's really pretty simple maybe too simple to be considered. The guys you spoke of are probably 30 day fast track wonders. The company. in some areas, are so desperate for full time sups they will go to great lengths to get them going. The one thing that bothers me about my theory is that here they just promoted an OMS with no driving experience to an OCS, no driver school, no driving time. go figure that one, I can't.