"Thank You" Bonus For Retirees

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Leftinbuilding, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

Another thread got me to thinking....if anyone deserves a bonus it should be the retirees. I think $1000.00 for each year served sounds about right. On our watch: UPS went nationwide....went worldwide....started NDA, later early AM's.....implemented DIAD.....began preload and local sorts......cashless cod's......lost "Day after Christmas" off......replaced the P400.....began replacing stick shifts.....power steering......bigger cars....implemented logistics.....started time commits......stopped TLA's, company parties and lastly, eliminated turkeys. I'll be watching the mail for my $36,000.00 check.

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

According to management, you didn't do anything, you just followed directions. I think it was UPSSOCKS who said "We designed the house, you just laid the bricks on it, anyone can do that and you're not special"

3. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

This is THE hardest job in the world. Very few people can do this job.

4. Leftinbuilding

"Hardest"? I don't know....I will agree it is among the most demanding jobs out there. Very few jobs demand 100% efficiency, 100% of the time, for 8 - 12 hours a day. Maybe a surgeon......

5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

H*ll, I'd get 2k less than you, but I'd take it!:peaceful:

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Thank You" Bonus For Retirees

100% efficiency and effort 8-12 hours a day? Really?

7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Try digging ditches or landscaping or roofing all day for half the pay. This job can be a challenge but it's nowhere near being the hardest job. People who genuinely believe that it's one of the the toughest jobs out there probably haven't done a whole lot else.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

There is a huge difference in "demand" and "deliver". (pun intended)

9. Leftinbuilding

True, but the expectation is always there. I probably should have used "expect" instead of "demand".

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Re: "Thank You" Bonus For Retirees

My thoughts exactly. There are a lot of people that can't do our job but we are a ways down the list on hardest job ever.

11. uber

uber Guest

This job takes awhile to get down. Once you got it down though its easy as pie. Unless of course you have a worthless preloader.

12. cosmo1

As one who has six or seven different preloaders a week (yes, I said six or seven!), your point is?

13. uber

uber Guest

What % are worthless?

14. cosmo1

50% easily.

15. uber

uber Guest

That sucks!

16. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Be happy you got out with a brain still attached .

17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Compared to milking cows, being a preloader, then a driver has been a piece of cake. Generally worked 13ish hour days, 7 days a week. Granted, there was a lunch break and sometimes a breakfast break, but during growing season, I usually worked from 6:15a - 7:30p. I knew lots of people that would go months without missing a milking.

Plus, the pay sucked.

18. rod

rod retired and happy

My hats off to dairy farmers--they are gluttons for punishment. My wife has relatives who are/were dairy farmers. I can't recall ever attending a family get together where her dairy farmer relatives didn't either arrived late or had to leave early because they had to milk the cows----7 days a week.

P.S. put me down for 30 grand. I could use another Harley.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

In my 23 years I've simply emptied the truck of all of it's contents and filled it back up in a timely manner. Thankfully I don't have to take credit for some of the decisions I didn't make.

20. article22

article22 New Member

your bonus is your nice big pension check and almost "free benefits" for life !!