What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

• Working.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We do not celebrate Thanksgiving.

• Posting all day on Brown Cafe.

• Total voters
Ducking out as early as possible and then spending 4 days at home in peace and quiet.
When that fails I will be looking forward to work.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm having my out-laws over for dinner. They always like to fight whenever they get together. We used to spend it at my mom's, but she passed in Febuary. A new tradition is starting. Maybe I will start serving alcohol for the holiday feast too.

klein

Für Meno :)
Sorry, I guess that goes under "other"!

Well, that darn Alberta Clipper wasn't suppose to start until later this evening, but showed up early this morning.
Heavy snow and blizzard conditions now. The Temperature this morning was at minus 7C , and it will be the highest for the day, since it's going down, down, and further down. To minus 25C by tomorrow morning.

Takes 2-3 days to hit the midwest.... so it'll be there for your Thanks-Giving.
Atleast it's making good use out of the oven - keeping the homes nice and heated & compfy :)

over9five

Staff member
We spend Thanksgiving with "my side" at my sisters.
Can't wait, it's my favorite holiday.

Hmmm, I wonder what side my newly married daughter is going to....

moreluck

golden ticket member
We spend Thanksgiving with "my side" at my sisters.
Can't wait, it's my favorite holiday.

Hmmm, I wonder what side my newly married daughter is going to....
I used to hate holidays as a newly married and when the little ones came along......Noon time at one place and then 5:00 at the other it got old real quick.
Christmas was the worst.....pulling kids away from their new toys.........me having the event was not an option.

over9five

Staff member
I used to hate holidays as a newly married and when the little ones came along......Noon time at one place and then 5:00 at the other it got old real quick.
Christmas was the worst.....pulling kids away from their new toys.........me having the event was not an option.
Lol, wifey and I were literally just saying that! You'd have to go to both sides every holiday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our neighbor invited a few neighbors over for the big dinner. I have to walk next door......no designated driver needed. (oh, I forgot, I don't drink)

menotyou

bella amicizia
I never tip a cocktail. :wink:

I will be going to Mommy and Daddy's. Before that, I will be cooking a 25lb bird and the fixin's for the dogs, mostly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Enjoy Your Thanksgiving...

May your stuffing be tasty...

May your turkey plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am going to spend the day with my brother and his wife in Connecticut and then will spend some time with my daughter and son-in-law in Albany on Friday. My son is going to stay home and get caught up on school work.

klein

I never tip a cocktail. :wink:

I will be going to Mommy and Daddy's. Before that, I will be cooking a 25lb bird and the fixin's for the dogs, mostly.

You could send me some of it by ground service (cheap). It'll arrive nice and preserved frozen :)

klein

I figured I should post this here, incase someone would want to bring a self made dessert along as they visit friends or family :

Nutella Bread Pudding

This recipe doubles nicely if you're serving more than 2 people. If you do not have croissants on hand, brioche, Challah and even French bread or a baguette will work well. Try to use bread that is 1-2 days old when making bread pudding, older bread will absorb more of the custard.

Ingredients:

3 croissants (preferably 1-2 days old)
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup pecan halves
2 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugarpowdered sugar

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees friend.
Slice each croissant in half lengthwise then slather one side with Nutella. Put the halves back together to make sandwiches and cut into 2-inch pieces.
Add sandwich pieces and pecans to a small baking dish (suggested: 10-inch x 5-inch loaf pan).
To make the custard, add eggs, cream, vanilla extract, salt and sugar to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
Pour the custard over the sandwich pieces then gently push down the bread so the custard starts to absorb.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes then remove the foil and continue to bake uncovered for about 10 minutes until the bread pudding is golden brown, has risen slightly and the liquid has bee completely absorbed. Let cool and then sprinkle on powdered sugar to finish.

Nutella-Bread-Pudding-Recipe.jpg

click here for step to step recipe

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our grocery store has a day old rack of baked goods and they always have the croissants, cheap. I use croissants only for my coconut bread pudding.

Tastes lots better than just bread!