The Absurdity Continues

bbsam

Staff member
Nobody has to buy. I'm more than happy being an owner even in retirement. Haven't even factored ot into retirement proceeds. I thinkk you may have me confused with STXFG.

vantexan

Nobody has to buy. I'm more than happy being an owner even in retirement. Haven't even factored ot into retirement proceeds. I thinkk you may have me confused with STXFG.

I really don't mean you specifically, just leery of the notion that any contractor buying in now when prices for rts have inflated will be able to sell down the road for considerably more himself. May work for some, but at some point you run out of buyers. Happened with our housing bubble, happens with the stock market, happens with everything eventually.

vantexan

Don't you get it? He could care less who gets left holding their balls. As long as it isn't him.

I get that you are a very angry man who can't have a discussion without being obnoxious. There's a very good reason why we aren't taken seriously by the Teamsters. Instead of talking in a professional way, we stoop to the lowest lows. It's ok to have a little fun, be silly once in awhile. But the constant vitriol is tiresome. Use the brain you were given to try and elevate the conversation. Otherwise you identify yourself as low class. Is that how you want others to see you?

MAKAVELI

Don't you get it? He could care less who gets left holding their balls. As long as it isn't him.

I get that you are a very angry man who can't have a discussion without being obnoxious. There's a very good reason why we aren't taken seriously by the Teamsters. Instead of talking in a professional way, we stoop to the lowest lows. It's ok to have a little fun, be silly once in awhile. But the constant vitriol is tiresome. Use the brain you were given to try and elevate the conversation. Otherwise you identify yourself as low class. Is that how you want others to see you?

The only low class people on here are the pompous ass that can't get off his high horse to understand that we are all in the same boat.

Ricochet1a

The only low class people on here are the pompous ass that can't get off his high horse to understand that we are all in the same boat.

Please, stop talking about R1a that way!:rofl:

I am not in the 'same boat' as you. Left that behind me a few years ago.

I'm trying to get it though your thick head that you need to do SOMETHING to better your situation, rather than try to blame everyone around you. If you would spend half as much time actually trying to do something to improve your situation rather than trying to invent excuses as to why you are in the situation you find yourself - you'd go a long way towards solving your problem.

If you want to live your life making one excuse after another - have at it. I'm sure you'll continue with the excuse making once you've run away to Costa Dumpa too.

If you think that makes me a 'pompous ass', well so be it. But this pompous ass isn't worried about his retirement, isn't worried about if he is making enough for the work he performs and is actually going to profit handsomely off what is happening right now in relation to FDX stock price.

So I guess that I'm the one laughing last - and that is all that counts.

Go ahead, make another excuse - you are a well accomplished excuse developer - unfortunately that doesn't pay too well.

northbound

I really don't mean you specifically, just leery of the notion that any contractor buying in now when prices for rts have inflated will be able to sell down the road for considerably more himself. May work for some, but at some point you run out of buyers. Happened with our housing bubble, happens with the stock market, happens with everything eventually.

They are only worth what you can sell them for at any given time. You can look at it two ways. 1-like trying to flip a house buy low sell high or 2-a business that you run for years and pass on to your next generation.

overflowed

Spamalot is a musical based off "The Holy Grail". As far as "Life Of Brian" goes, the only and the best is "Always Look On the Bright Side" in the end credits.
It's on my "Monty Python In Your Pocket" gizmo.Played it a lot during peak season while my coworker was in the hospital dying:sad-little:

I am sorry.

vantexan

They are only worth what you can sell them for at any given time. You can look at it two ways. 1-like trying to flip a house buy low sell high or 2-a business that you run for years and pass on to your next generation.

True, but hopefully people will buy them after doing their due diligence, not falling for FedEx hype.

vantexan

I am not in the 'same boat' as you. Left that behind me a few years ago.

I'm trying to get it though your thick head that you need to do SOMETHING to better your situation, rather than try to blame everyone around you. If you would spend half as much time actually trying to do something to improve your situation rather than trying to invent excuses as to why you are in the situation you find yourself - you'd go a long way towards solving your problem.

If you want to live your life making one excuse after another - have at it. I'm sure you'll continue with the excuse making once you've run away to Costa Dumpa too.

If you think that makes me a 'pompous ass', well so be it. But this pompous ass isn't worried about his retirement, isn't worried about if he is making enough for the work he performs and is actually going to profit handsomely off what is happening right now in relation to FDX stock price.

So I guess that I'm the one laughing last - and that is all that counts.

Go ahead, make another excuse - you are a well accomplished excuse developer - unfortunately that doesn't pay too well.

No excuses here, just biding my time until I can leave. Yelling at the company produces few, if any, results. Tired of yelling, tired of being told how great a union will be for us if we only have the courage, etc. You and I know it's wasted energy. If people want to leave, leave. If they want to stay, stay. If newhires come in knowing what they'll be getting and they're ok with that then it's their business. If they come in believing they've got it made they'll learn otherwise. It's real easy to leave when you've got little invested, especially when you're young. When your my age you just bide your time. That's not an excuse, that's reality. There's no great job waiting for old guys with health problems. The source of our clashes in the past is you wanted to control the narrative, telling people to get out now. You couldn't abide my saying be cautious. This was your show. That it devolved into personal attacks is a shame, should not have happened. I'm not interested in fussing with you, just can't resist poking a little fun. For that I apologize. And if you are truly interested in making a sound investment, you should consider moving overseas like millions are. Quite a bit of info on the Internet. If you can reduce your living expenses by 40-70%, depending on where you live now and where you move to, and still have broadband Internet, satellite tv, movie theaters showing American movies in English, mild climate, good food, affordable quality healthcare, it's at least worth considering. Regards.

STFXG

It's true buyers can find other business ventures. But the only reason I can see values of routes going down would be if profits of routes go down. But as long as we hold a business with a solid rate of return we will be able to sell.

There are always suckers out there. But I have only seen a couple routes sell for more than market value. And those few still turned a good profit before they sold. Even though they sold for less than they paid.