The Airport Identifier Game

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It was your message.
You said Democrats are in control and should do something. So what are they doing?

Maybe the problem with you people is all you do is bitch and moan. Have you contacted your area's teamster union local? Ours is asking for volunteers to help for a union push at Amazon.

Maybe do something if you're so concerned little buddy.
He's done plenty!

He used to post all kinds of "I'm in contact with many employees across the nation and there may be a major national outbreak of purple flu" and "My contacts tell me that employees will instigate a major disruption of operations soon." And the times he contacted 60 Minutes to "expose" FedEx but they wouldn't do anything because of Fred's money and connections. And the time an investigative reporter contacted him through this site to get dirt on the company. And the time he made a big deal about leaving the site to do something to really put it to the company, which turned out to be a blog post that's no different than his ranting here.

Now, none of it amounted to anything, but he's a busy bee!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It was your message.
You said Democrats are in control and should do something. So what are they doing?

Maybe the problem with you people is all you do is bitch and moan. Have you contacted your area's teamster union local? Ours is asking for volunteers to help for a union push at Amazon.

Maybe do something if you're so concerned little buddy.

Now…tell us all what you have done.
Still waiting for your answer @DriveInDriveOut or does the Teamsters show a lack of interest unionizing the McDonald’s franchise you work at?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Newsflash buddy, we're hiring here over at UPS.

Keep busting your ass for peanuts and whining about it. LMFAO
Newsflash puddy, I’m retired so I could care less if UPS is hiring.

Furthermore, I really doubt you even work there. You seem to have plenty of free time posting on this forum.

Anyway, wherever you work, have fun there tomorrow while I do what I want. LMFAO!!

vantexan

What DIDO/Union Strong and others on here willfully choose to ignore is that now that courts are stacked with GOP appointed judges any success at reforming the RLA along with passing any pro union legislation would have little chance in the courts.
Why would the courts be involved? Congress passes legislation, the president signs it. Why would the constitutionality of it be in question?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You’re just jealous you’ll never be able to retire.

You probably bring home part-time handlers wages at best. Even that may be a stretch.
deal_eith_it.gif

vantexan

It does NOT have a clear majority in the Senate, only a 7 vote majority in the House and during his presidency Trump appointed 234 federal judges and 3 SCOTUS judges giving conservatives a 6-3 majority in SCOTUS.....And you ask WHY the Dems don't have pro labor legislation at the top of it's agenda.

You people continue to vote against your own self interests and then blame the Dems for not getting you out of the mess you put yourselves in and protect you from yourselves.....Cactus is right...You people really and truly don't know what you want.
True, those seats were open during the Obama administration and he made little effort to fill them. Elections have consequences.

yadig

It does NOT have a clear majority in the Senate, only a 7 vote majority in the House and during his presidency Trump appointed 234 federal judges and 3 SCOTUS judges giving conservatives a 6-3 majority in SCOTUS.....And you ask WHY the Dems don't have pro labor legislation at the top of it's agenda.

You people continue to vote against your own self interests and then blame the Dems for not getting you out of the mess you put yourselves in and protect you from yourselves.....Cactus is right...You people really and truly don't know what you want.
Sounds good. It would be nice to just hear pelosi or chucky mention a union. They are more concerned with paying rich kids college debt off! They are concerned about Ukraine’s border but not our own in Mexico! Is it good for the illegals to pour in and take jobs for corporations? The democrat seem to think so.

!Retired!

Many of you already know this, so please bear with me as I explain to those who might not be aware. The "game" is that FedEx does everything possible to give the appearance of being an "airline", when it is, in fact, NOT an airline. FedEx is a systems integrator, with an aircraft component, just like UPS. The entire purpose of this charade is to preserve the RLA, the anti-union Kryptonite that basically makes unionization impossible at Express. Keeping you underpaid with lousy benefits saves FedEx hundreds of millions of dollars a year. Pilots and executives are lavishly compensated, and you get the :censored2: sandwich of forever top-out times, high insurance deductibles, and overall lousy treatment. Be aware that a topped-out UPS package car or feeder driver is at around $40 per hour, with excellent benefits and an actual PENSION. A career UPS driver is looking at about $5-6K per month in retirement pay. Don't believe me? Ask a UPS Teamster.

Here's how it goes. Airlines have stations, like LAX is a station for United Airlines or PHX is a station for Southwest. The vast majority of FedEx "stations" are simply terminals, or like UPS, "centers". But FedEx always gives a location a station identifier so they can make believe workers are employees of an airline, preserving the RLA. Many moons ago, when I first started at Express, my station was 40 miles from the airport where we actually got our freight via CTV. They used the airport identifier for an airport 15 miles away, which was a general aviation field with zero cargo. Later I transferred and the "station" used the airport identifier for a seaplane base 10 miles away, again with no cargo component whatsoever.

This is nothing new. Since it's inception, the old Federal Express had this all planned out. Early on, many "stations" actually saw an aircraft, but those days are long gone. The vast majority of FedEx employees never see an aircraft except in pictures or videos. They get their freight by TRUCK, and are simply a terminal, center, or sort facility. Aircraft might line haul part of their freight, but all of it arrives via truck, and a lot of it never sees an airplane. This is particularly true for the East Coast, where shorter distances allow a huge trucking component.

Towards the end of my sentence at Express, my "station" used the identifier of a long defunct general aviation airport, which was now a huge housing subdivision. Such a joke, but the game continues, and given the fact that Ground and Express are now a hybrid operation, the joke is getting really old. Management goes to great lengths to keep up the act, but doing little things like making the logo standardized and deleting the "Express"or "Ground" sub-lettering on vehicles tips their hand. It's one big integrated operation, and to pretend otherwise is not only dishonest, but illegal in terms of labor law purposes.

This is the main reason you have crappy airline benefits that are almost always worthless. To the best of my knowledge, real airlines still get a huge discount when they move freight via Express. In return, you get a discounted fare based on the highest possible rate, and do not have the "show ID and go" option that real airline employees have. The real payoff is for Memphis, because Raj can point to your crummy interline deal and say " See, we are an airline". All calculated to ensure it really isn't much of a benefit and that only a handful of employees will actually use interline.

It's time to call BS on FedEx and get unionized. New Teamster leadership is aggressive and interested in gaining membership, a quantum leap from the pathetic Hoffa era. Take advantage of having a Democratic majority and President and make a move now. Don't wait until the RTW anti-union GOP gets back in the driver's seat.

You are being played for suckers. Stop being dumb and playing Fred's almost 50 year-old game.
Is there anything new you have to contribute, or are you just going to keep repeating the same thing over and over?
I have mixed feelings about today’s Democratic party and you may very well be right but you said it with class which is something that Drive In-Drive Out (Union Strong) could never hope to do.
Mixed feelings? That tells me there something you like about the left. Please elaborate what it is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is there anything new you have to contribute, or are you just going to keep repeating the same thing over and over?

Mixed feelings? That tells me there something you like about the left. Please elaborate what it is.
Wow. A big, tough Republican with his 511 tactical gear and Second Amendment hat. I am impressed, just like everyone in your trailer park is in utter awe.

FedEx is gaming employees and customers by claiming they are an airline. Switching to a hybrid Ground/Express business model makes the scam even more laughable. Not the ""same thing over and over".

TTKU.

vantexan

Ever hear of a federal injunction? Federal legislation gets challenged in court everyday.
Right, it's halted until the court makes a decision. And that can be appealed. Bottom line is if Dems cared they'd at least try. And fight. They seem much more interested in creating new citizens and get their vote than in keeping the votes of the much reduced union members.

59 Dano

Why would the courts be involved? Congress passes legislation, the president signs it. Why would the constitutionality of it be in question?
Because the poster who likes to play it like he's deeply involved in politics doesn't know the basics about laws, lawmaking, or anything else for that matter.

bacha29

Right, it's halted until the court makes a decision. And that can be appealed. Bottom line is if Dems cared they'd at least try. And fight. They seem much more interested in creating new citizens and get their vote than in keeping the votes of the much reduced union members.
Of course. You so called "conservatives" without question harbor fears of what impact a hard line conservative America would be like as it pertains to your everyday life and want the Dems to be able to step in and protect you if you find it very distasteful . No better example than yours. No cash, no insurance. In your conservative America if you don't have the personal assets to purchase the things you need then you do without. Isn't that conservatism 101? In a conservative America you this very day would still be in need of major heart surgery if not for a major social program being there to pay for your surgery. Whether is was Medicaid or the 50 billion dollars the American Rescue Plan made available to hospitals to pay for uncompensated care . Legislation not a single GOP member of Congress voted for.

59 Dano

Both. He learns a new term or concept, then beats it to death over and over and over. Then he learns another new one, drops the old one, and does the same with the new one. You missed his lectures about Taylorism and scientific management. And human capital, about which he claimed that the big cheese of a major social media firm asked him to give a presentation to his company about.

vantexan

Of course. You so called "conservatives" without question harbor fears of what impact a hard line conservative America would be like as it pertains to your everyday life and want the Dems to be able to step in and protect you if you find it very distasteful . No better example than yours. No cash, no insurance. In your conservative America if you don't have the personal assets to purchase the things you need then you do without. Isn't that conservatism 101? In a conservative America you this very day would still be in need of major heart surgery if not for a major social program being there to pay for your surgery. Whether is was Medicaid or the 50 billion dollars the American Rescue Plan made available to hospitals to pay for uncompensated care . Legislation not a single GOP member of Congress voted for.
I've never worked for a union so seems your accusations are misplaced. Shouldn't you be concerned that the party that claims to care for the working man is now in bed with Wall Street and is importing millions who'll displace American citizens? No, that's right, you'd rather talk about the party that has always been against unions.