The Concept of Constructive Dissatisfaction

brazenbrown

I don't think Cheryl is letting in terrorists or ruining the site like you say, anyone who wants to be here is already here. Giving FDX, our main competitor a forum does nothing in my opinion to lessen the quality or Browness of the Browncafe.

Brazen its not about quality or lack of it. For some reason many of you read this as some type of block fdx move. The point is its change from a ups site to an industry site. All the news , information etc was there before this change. The fdx posters were here before the change. The point again is it changes the site from a ups info for upsers as the link states to a package delivery site.

That's interesting, so who said this, your alter ego??

I don't particularly care for you folks, don't want you here , don't think you belong here. Not sure how the evolution of geographic perception applies to that point. I'm not into valuing your diversity. I don't think nor do I care to learn anything from you or your friends. I don't find anything you have to say interesting. I think you and your fdx buddies are stinking up this site. :happy-very:
Sounds like a curmudgeon to me!

brazenbrown

Imagine? lol

Nope, I chose not to stay employed doing brainless work.

Unlike just about every Fedex or UPSer I've spoken to, I love my job. :happy2:

Btw, try to whine too much at work tomorrow :happy-very:

This post is a waste of time and does neither UPS or FDX any good at all.

Why don't you try pulling your head out of the High School antics and become a poster worth reading??:biting:

FedexExEmployee

This post is a waste of time and does neither UPS or FDX any good at all.

Tieguy keeps trying to make it seem like working for UPS takes a special person to handle the work.
Fact is, it doesn't take much brains to do the job for either company.
As for brawn, that equals out as well.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist or Hercules to work for either company.
So, just making the point that it's all the same work.

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy keeps trying to make it seem like working for UPS takes a special person to handle the work.

I'm sure it does not take anything special to do the fdx job. Shame you were fired for it.

brazenbrown

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Tieguy is right! It does take a special person to be successful at UPS whether in management or being a driver.

I have spoken with several FDX drivers and former UPS managers that work for FDX. Sorry, not the same job! Same basic premise to deliver the packages and give good service but it's not the same.

UPS is competitive with FDX by being way more efficient and productive, how do you think we can afford the higher salaries?

Just keeping our fingers crossed that the union makes it over your way, then FDX won't stand a chance because we'll have real apples to apples!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Tieguy is right! It does take a special person to be successful at UPS whether in management or being a driver.

I have spoken with several FDX drivers and former UPS managers that work for FDX. Sorry, not the same job! Same basic premise to deliver the packages and give good service but it's not the same.

UPS is competitive with FDX by being way more efficient and productive, how do you think we can afford the higher salaries?

Just keeping our fingers crossed that the union makes it over your way, then FDX won't stand a chance because we'll have real apples to apples!!

It also helps that ups delivers how many more millions of packages a day????How many MILLIONS of packages a day. Yes, the production is important, but how much does ups waste in trying to make a poor idea work, in accidents from driver pressure, in injuries from overproduction, in turnover, in lawsuits, in DAMAGES??? The list goes on and on, dont let them fool you, they are making their money, and in regards to you fedex employees, you better keep trash talking Fred S and his posse or maybe there is no future here for you. That the only reason I think you all should stay, because your not like that crackhead MONTECARLO 11, fred smiths personal AS$kisser, thats probably why hes not on here anymore, he has been promoted to "personal" assistant....you go girl!!:lips:

FedexExEmployee

Whether I dislike the fdx folks or not is irrelevant. I'm not trying to bar them from the site.

I am objecting to giving them multiple forums which I believe changes the core of this site from a upser site to a package industry site.

Leave the forum for competition news and dump the rest.

Now you're flat out lying. Going back to your early hate posts in this thread, it's clear you have a dislike for the "fdx folks". Be a man and accept responsibility for your rude, narrow-minded comments throughout this thread.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know I have been enriched to hear that fdx couriers actually think they deliver packages like ups drivers.

I thank the moderators for giving them the keys to the palace so that the fdx drivers will be able to teach us all about delivering packages.

OMG, heres a first, a ups supervisor who actually gives "props" to a company driver for going above and beyond. This is the first time I have ever seen or heard even the smallest appreciation for what we do on a day in and day out basis. Is the sky falling, has hell froze over, I think I see angels flying out of the sky. But I know its probably just me and Im totally read the post wrong...my bad. I really got excited there for a second, I thought maybe with a new ceo and all employee/mgt relations might be at a turning point for the better, what the hell was I thinking?? False alarm, "now hear this, all management, you can continue to beat, kick, harass, manipulate, use as a packmule, cuss, screw, stomp and cheat all hourly employees on your watch...until further notice!!!!

FedexExEmployee

I respectfully disagree. The average courier for both companies do the same thing:
They get in their truck, drive, deliver and/or pick up packages, have lunch, continue to deliver and/or pick up packages, then call it a night.
Of course there are subtle differences. There are subtle differences even within the same company depending on the station. Subtle differences aside, it's the same job imo.
Being a Postal courier is different (yet similiar in it's own right). They walk their routes, don't have handheld computers giving them updates on pick-ups, almost exclusively deliver envelopes and mags, etc....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Interesting . You claim you did brainless work delivering for fdx.

and now you claim there is no difference between the fdx job and the ups job?

ties right, theres a difference, just like the snap on tool slogan. sorry to say it but its true. If you think about what fedex express makes per hour and their workload, then ups salary and workload...fedex drivers are making out like a bandit. We should be making double of fedex, maybe triple in some cases, on some routes. Especially considering the type of boxes eash side is dealing with...hmmm letters vs. 110 lb gut bomb, 20 dollars vs 28 dollars. And people want to say were overpaid...pleaseee!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I respectfully disagree. The average courier for both companies do the same thing:
They get in their truck, drive, deliver and/or pick up packages, have lunch, continue to deliver and/or pick up packages, then call it a night.
Of course there are subtle differences. There are subtle differences even within the same company depending on the station. Subtle differences aside, it's the same job imo.
Being a Postal courier is different (yet similiar in it's own right). They walk their routes, don't have handheld computers giving them updates on pick-ups, almost exclusively deliver envelopes and mags, etc....

those postal carriers, especially the ones who stay in their cars all day are LAZY, plain LAZY. Theres one lady in my area that will actually honk her horn outside businesses to let the front desk know shes there and to come out to get their mail. I parked infront of a mailbox for like 20 seconds and the post gal pulls up behind me when I was up at the customers front door, she got all huffy and slammed the mailbox shut...FU I thought, Im really sorry you had to get out of your beat up old rural mail truck to walk 4 feet to do your job for one stop.

{profanity edited out by Cheryl}

Hey Tie, maybe you should make "I am objecting to giving them multiple forums which I believe changes the core of this site from a upser site to a package industry site." your signature line, you'd save a few key stokes. As it is repeating the same line over and over is stealing time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LET'S END THIS FLAME WAR NOW! All of the insults aren't getting anyone anywhere and we definitely know where the most vocal of you stand on this issue. There's now a poll on another thread that will allow you to give your opinion on the FedEx Forums....how about voting there to let Cheryl know where you're at regarding the direction the BC should take? TRUCE!!!

By the way,who was this Monte Carlo11 guy everyone is talking about? With a handle like that he must have even crapped purple. Perhaps he was issued a set of purple kneepads and has a new job...

tieguy

Banned
Hey Tie, maybe you should make "I am objecting to giving them multiple forums which I believe changes the core of this site from a upser site to a package industry site." your signature line, you'd save a few key stokes. As it is repeating the same line over and over is stealing time.

The problem is too many people think I'm trying to ban the fdx people which is why i keep repeating certain information.

I noticed you still like to pay me a lot of special attention there tinklepinkle. You see some rudeness that needed rustling? I think you really like me don't ya. Let me see them horns before you get too close there pard.

cino321

I think it's funny. I encourage the bashing, we're all getting familiar with our sense of humors. Lots of great witty one liners in this post.

wkmac

I always thought he got them by s......... I'm not gonna say that, I'm not gonna say it!

OK, Tie is upset that my comments above will have you guys thinking he is manipulating the rep. points deal. This was all a joke and a hook to get some of you to bite on the "S" and assume it was something and then I was gonna come back with a innocent explaination and accuse you guys of having a dirty mind! It think the thread about BC changing is laughable and as such I treated the whole thing as a big joke.

There is no evidence in any way shape or form to suggest or even hint that all of Tie's rep. points were not earned or somehow manipulated. I don't pretend to know how those points work anyway but I would assume a whole host of you like what tie sez and as such voiced your opinion freely and honestly. Good for you and I would encourage you to continue your support for him in the future.

Tie,

I hope this makes you feel better and that people won't think the worse of you because of what I said. You are a good dude!

Geez, everyone so touchy these days, can't have a little fun! people need to lighten up!

Uh...oh..sorry, just talkin to myself! Just ignore that mumbling!
:happy2:

Still waiting for my Mad Magazine there UPS Dude!