The dark side of Christmas

DS

Fenderbender
I haven't been posting much lately and miss you guys.I've been busy doing things.On Saturday last,(21st) we lost our power.It came on this morning at around 5:30 AM.It sucked big time.We were out last night and came home to a warm house this morning.There are trees down everywhere.Power lines were hanging on side streets like spider webs.We had to go visiting tonight but it's
all normal again thank God.You don't know what you got till it's gone.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
What? Your power was out for way too long! Hope you are now safer, warmer, and always able to access the internet.

oldngray

nowhere special
I haven't been posting much lately and miss you guys.I've been busy doing things.On Saturday last,(21st) we lost our power.It came on this morning at around 5:30 AM.It sucked big time.We were out last night and came home to a warm house this morning.There are trees down everywhere.Power lines were hanging on side streets like spider webs.We had to go visiting tonight but it's

Great that you got power back just in time for Christmas. I lost power on Christmas eve in an ice storm about 8 years ago and didn't have power for 2 days. It does truly suck. And yes, thank God it wasn't worse.

What? Your power was out for way too long! Hope you are now safer, warmer, and always able to access the internet.
Great that you got power back just in time for Christmas. I lost power on Christmas eve in an ice storm about 8 years ago and didn't have power for 2 days. It does truly suck. And yes, thank God it wasn't worse.
I know you feel, during the hurricanes here back in 2004 we went two weeks without power.

What a bunch of selfish people! Don't you know some kids Xmas was ruined because we didn't deliver their presents!

Priorities people! :)

Z

ZQXC

Perhaps, we have just witnessed the Dark side of Christmas, or what it has become. Some people had the entire week off to enjoy family and friends, and share in the holiday traditions of overeating and merry-making, but their entire focus seems to be on some soon forgotten stuff that didn't arrive by a particular date.

Christmastide is a Season lasting from Christmas Day until the Epiphany (Jan. 6), commonly called the 12 days of Christmas.

"God Help Us, Every One"