The Eagle has Died

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ajblakejr, Aug 25, 2012.

1. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

We lost a hero today.

Neil Armstrong died.

Fly with Eagles Neil.
  2. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Sorry AJ, didn't realize you had aleady posted it.

Great hero and we were glued to our black& whites when he walked on the moon.
  4. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

No problem.
  5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

The yardstick by which bravery is measured.

6. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

God Speed Neil.:usaflag2:
  7. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

This hits me hard.

Neil Armstrong was my first American hero.
    I know people don't live forever but the little girl inside me doesn't believe it.
    On Eagle's Wings MV - YouTube
  8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Neil had a sense of humor too. Someone interviewing him once remarked how very very brave they must have been to climb inside a tin can atop a missile. Neil continued the interviewers sentence by saying " or very very stupid. The jury's still out."
  9. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

I wouldnt get too tore up over it.... the landing was most likely faked in the first place creating phoney heroes.

Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?

RIP Neil, for your part.

10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

This is exactly what we expect from you.
  11. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

What say ye Mythbusters?

12. Buddybrown

Buddybrown New Member

No surprise at all with this comment.--- Some people support the notion that the United States of America is less than a great nation with great accomplishments. The bravery of this important historic event cannot be comprehended by those who would rather see America fail.-------- Godspeed Neil!!!
  13. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Complete classlessness.

Or are you :censored2: because Obama lost another vote?
  14. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Neil was gonna vote for Obama?
  15. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

I have no clue.
    I figured either TOS spewed the hate because Obama lost a vote, or Armstrong was a Republican.

I took a guess.
  16. The Other Side

Its the other side of the story.... Not everyone believes the moon landing was real. Neil just happened to be a part of a story that many scientists and investigators believe is a giant hoax played on america.

Im not telling you to believe anything, just "reporting" the other side of the story.

17. The Other Side

Thats the point BUDDY, this is a great nation, so great, we could "fool" our people over and over... So great, we could hoax a landing to show the world how great we are....

In this video, still photographs demonstrate how the pictures were faked.

Documentary - Moon Landing Hoax - Conspiracy Theory - part-(2) - YouTube#!

Documentary - Moon Landing Hoax - Conspiracy Theory - Did We Land On The Moon (Fox TV) part-(3) - YouTube

While Neil and the other astronauts played a big part, and I give them credit for participating, the landing itself wasnt in their control. Who really knows what happened.

Gus Grissom, its reported, was going to blow the lid off the project and he was killed on the launchpad. Presumably in an accident. Again, we will never know.

Either way, Neil was a part of history and for that I thank him. The program however, I dont believe.

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I don't request this EVER, but can we leave this thread about the actual unfortunate topic?
  19. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Meno, Thank you for the above post.
    I appreciate you stepping up and stomping the disrespectful.

If you want to start thread about fake accomplishments by NASA...start your own GD thread.

This thread is about Neil Armstrong.

If you can't respect his memory or our space program....GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS THREAD.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  20. The Other Side

I paid my respects to the man, and questioned the mission. Sorry if we dont swim in the same waters, but I have an opinion that happens to be on the opposite side of you.