The failure of Affirmative Action....

qdg2

On NPR......

There was an interview of(interestingly) a bi-racial(made sure by NPR to know that) about how black folks are impoverished and income disparity.

Of how even with set asides, racial preferences(black privilege)(racial profiling)(pro-black racism by the govt.) and basically free everything.......blacks are still failing(whatever that means).

What was never mentioned........why.

trickpony1

When I was in high school there was forced busing.
Every morning 2-3 busloads from the democratic side of town would be brought to the republican high schools which were nicer and cleaner.

The premise was the democrat youngsters would look out the windows of the bus and say to themselves, "gee...nice neighborhoods, nice landscape, nice everything.....I want to live like this.".

Sadly, it didn't work.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Every morning 2-3 busloads from the democratic side of town would be brought to the republican high schools which were nicer and cleaner.

The premise was the democrat youngsters would look out the windows of the bus and say to themselves, "gee...nice neighborhoods, nice landscape, nice everything.....I want to live like this.".

Sadly, it didn't work.
Or they looked out the window and decided which ones to break into first because they were being “kept down”.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
On NPR......

There was an interview of(interestingly) a bi-racial(made sure by NPR to know that) about how black folks are impoverished and income disparity.

Of how even with set asides, racial preferences(black privilege)(racial profiling)(pro-black racism by the govt.) and basically free everything.......blacks are still failing(whatever that means).

Really tells you all you need to know.

100%

On NPR......

Until people stop segregating themselves, it will never stop. You can’t stop racism by with racism. It’s used as a tool and people fall for it unfortunately.

And this is why they killed him.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Sadly, it didn't work.
Liberal logic at work. Instead of improving the failing schools, bus around and achieve a certain ratio so stupid people would think they were doing a good thing. I would think that paying bonuses or higher salaries to better teachers to work at poor-performing schools would have been a better option.

qdg2

Liberal logic at work. Instead of improving the failing schools, bus around and achieve a certain ratio so stupid people would think they were doing a good thing. I would think that paying bonuses or higher salaries to better teachers to work at poor-performing schools would have been a better option.
My Daughter teaches grade school. Her students are in the top 5% of our states test scores. Every new school year, the Admin comes up with a new "system" to learn to read etc. When I learned to do multiplication, we Sat in small groups around a record player and chanted multiplication tables until we could do it forward and back. And if course to this day....I can. We learned to read the same way. Big Chief tablets and those giant pencils.

When weed wafts out of parents cars dropping off kids at 0700.....those kids don't have a chance in hell....yes.......90% black and Hispanic. This is her class not the rest of the school.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My Daughter teaches grade school. Her students are in the top 5% of our states test scores. Every new school year, the Admin comes up with a new "system" to learn to read etc. When I learned to do multiplication, we Sat in small groups around a record player and chanted multiplication tables until we could do it forward and back. And if course to this day....I can. We learned to read the same way. Big Chief tablets and those giant pencils.

When weed wafts out of parents cars dropping off kids at 0700.....those kids don't have a chance in hell....yes.......90% black and Hispanic. This is her class not the rest of the school.

How does she get all the smart white kids in her class?

vantexan

I wonder how many other rich conservatives are going to go "Oh :censored2:!" when they see that legacy admissions also got/get torched.

Why would rich conservatives be that worried about what are now very liberal universities? But just so we're clear, admissions should be based on merit, not whether someone's great-grandfather gave the university a million bucks so that his descendents could get an automatic acceptance.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Sadly, it didn't work.
They did not take advantage of the better school system and study hard?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I like how all these idiot clowns like Michelle Obama are going around complaining that affirmative action admissions were stopped, and saying they wouldn't have gotten in to the school they went to. That's the point you dumb bitch! You took a spot from a more deserving person.