The fight has begun.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
l

Good. Recently, I posted about a station that was being restructured by management to be essentially part-time AM and PM couriers only. Several other people have told me of similar attempts in other parts of the country. All have failed, and are now being walked-back, because so many people are leaving and others are simply ignoring management, which has no idea what it is doing. The few good managers are hamstrung by Memphis, which continues to impose blanket dictates and focus issues while Rome burns. In other words, even if they are a good manager, the actions of MEM preclude actually being one. They are also leaving, unless they've been here quite awhile and are making good money. Most of them cope by hiding, not answering their phones, or otherwise letting things be managed basically by the dispatchers.

The "restructure" station referenced above had 8 people leave within the last 2 weeks, effectively torpedoing any attempts to make major changes. The key point, however, is that management was attempting to create a PT station, which should be worrisome in and of itself.

The day to day operations of Express are almost totally out of control, and the only things keeping it going are some good dispatchers who go around management to make it work.

WAD is always good, but ignoring them completely could come back to bite you. Do as little as possible, but always follow procedures, even if they make no sense. Put it all back on them...where it belongs.

Disagreement Denial.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ha! such idle threats...what are they really going to do to you guys if you fail to turn in any leads? OLCC?.....ooooooooh, and then what? Fire ya cuz you couldn't come up with two solid leads?......... riiiiiiight. :laugh:

I got it - how 'bout the sales pukes put on a uniform and get out and run two quality routes twice a month?

So ridiculous. :bored:

No donuts or pizza for you, Mr. Bad Attitude.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
But......you can get UP TO 10% of your prior months pay, IF your lead qualifies (and the sales rep doesn't steal it because it's so lucrative ). Fellow at my station got $700 for a lead generating $35,000 the first month. Wonder how much the salesman got.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I disagree. I haven't seen anyone say an OLCC is worse than a warning letter. Everyone knows they're not.

Oh, I know. I'm saying that they really crank up the histrionics over getting or being told they'll get an OLCC.

An OLCC is a paper trail for management. So far, they're worth little or nothing. But how long before that changes? We all know FedEx constantly changes the rules to our detriment. How long before FedEx simply says, so many OLCC's equal a warning letter? None of us, including you can answer that, whether you're a manager or not. THAT'S what pisses us off.

I've got more OLCC's than most people here have teeth, though in a few cases that's probably not saying much. I'll take one every week and 2 on Sundays if those who feel they need to give them to me think I deserve them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But......you can get UP TO 10% of your prior months pay, IF your lead qualifies (and the sales rep doesn't steal it because it's so lucrative ). Fellow at my station got $700 for a lead generating $35,000 the first month. Wonder how much the salesman got.

Most likely between 5-10% of that same amount.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope. It's a form. Asks for contact name, address, phone, customer name, who they ship with, and how much they ship. Maybe one or two other things in addition, but that's the bulk of it.

I was trying to find our sales lead form online so that I could post it here but was unable to.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh, I know. I'm saying that they really crank up the histrionics over getting or being told they'll get an OLCC.

I've got more OLCC's than most people here have teeth, though in a few cases that's probably not saying much. I'll take one every week and 2 on Sundays if those who feel they need to give them to me think I deserve them.
You're funny. I agree with what you say sometimes and other times you sound like the spouse of an abuser in justifying things FedEx does. So, do you think you deserve an OLCC if you forget to touch confirm on the punch out machine, or if you forget to turn in a gas receipt the same day or whatever other petty reasons they deem you "deserve one"?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Providing management considers it a qualified lead or the sales department doesn't steal the lead.
Management in my district doesn't even see sales leads. They are entered in the system by a Lead On person and they are qualified by an outside company that FedEx pays.

whenIgetthere

Hey Express guys, isn't this thing slowly evolving into a sales lead quota system that will in the end result in wage penalties and or disciplinary action if those quotas aren't met?

Raises aren't merit based, so unless they go back to a merit based system, OLCC's or letters are managements only recourse.

whenIgetthere

I turned in a lead five years where it generated 300 to 400 packages per night for Express and Ground combined. Was told it was a 'company' account and I got nothing. I should have GFT'd it, but didn't. Told SM I will never hand in another lead after that.

Purplepackage

You're funny. I agree with what you say sometimes and other times you sound like the spouse of an abuser in justifying things FedEx does. So, do you think you deserve an OLCC if you forget to touch confirm on the punch out machine, or if you forget to turn in a gas receipt the same day or whatever other petty reasons they deem you "deserve one"?

One time I forgot to even print s receipt about 10 times in 1 month and didn't even get a an olcc I never even heard about it

MassWineGuy

The latest from our district is two sales leads per courier, per month. The laughter when the SM announced this was great. Required, he said! This was on first day of June, one employee has turned in two (he's a PT courier, FT butt kisser), no one else has turned in any.

It depends largely on the district and station. Our sm told us something similar. I'm too busy to care about writing up leads. If they want to fire me for that, ok.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It has been at least a year since we have been asked to turn in fuel receipts.
My manager actually brought me something in February to sign, for a missing receipt from months before. Wut???? I was very vocal about that and refused to sign. Stupidity.

I recently found out that management is having a big problem with fraudulent gas card usage. Lol. They're getting what they pay for in new hires.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I turned in a lead five years where it generated 300 to 400 packages per night for Express and Ground combined. Was told it was a 'company' account and I got nothing. I should have GFT'd it, but didn't. Told SM I will never hand in another lead after that.

Typical. Think of the bonus the sales rep got. My last 3 leads were for a golf course, a 7-11, and a church.