The Inevitable

vantexan

With the consolidation of Express stations, the expansion of Ground, the ISP model, Ground offering regional overnight service, I wonder how long until we see a greatly reduced Express workforce? Any takers on what kind of timeline we're looking at until things change in a huge way, as opposed to the hints we're seeing now?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With the consolidation of Express stations, the expansion of Ground, the ISP model, Ground offering regional overnight service, I wonder how long until we see a greatly reduced Express workforce? Any takers on what kind of timeline we're looking at until things change in a huge way, as opposed to the hints we're seeing now?

How about as soon as The Grinch thinks he can get away with it legally?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I say that now that Express has 2 day AM, 3 day ES is gonna fall to ground. Then, we'll do just overnight and 2 day only.
I must say that I recently shipped a box coast to coast via ground and it got there in 5 bus. days as promised. Pretty fast and, cheap.

vantexan

I say that now that Express has 2 day AM, 3 day ES is gonna fall to ground. Then, we'll do just overnight and 2 day only.
I must say that I recently shipped a box coast to coast via ground and it got there in 5 bus. days as promised. Pretty fast and, cheap.

When a customer is looking at shipping options on the computer do they see Ground services and prices along with Express? If so got to think more and more overnight will go by Ground.

FedEx2000

When a customer is looking at shipping options on the computer do they see Ground services and prices along with Express? If so got to think more and more overnight will go by Ground.

If they are on a FedEx Cafe system, the tech that sets it up will usually ask them what service they use the most.....that will then be the default setting. They can also"block" services, such as FO so that it isn't used by mistake by people who don't use the system often or have any idea how much it costs.

vantexan

If they are on a FedEx Cafe system, the tech that sets it up will usually ask them what service they use the most.....that will then be the default setting. They can also"block" services, such as FO so that it isn't used by mistake by people who don't use the system often or have any idea how much it costs.

Thanks. So do you see a downsized Express eventually?

vantexan

Nope. Just been paying attention to what the company has been doing the last several years.

I hope if something major comes down they give us a timeframe like they did with terminating the pension. And I hope it's at least a few more years until anything big happens. And if they start enacting rules that make it much easier to get fired, then the process to "reinvent" Express is under way. Unfortunately too many people at work are like the frog in a pot of water that the heat is slowly increased. Too late by the time they're cooked to escape.

FedEx2000

I hope if something major comes down they give us a timeframe like they did with terminating the pension. And I hope it's at least a few more years until anything big happens. And if they start enacting rules that make it much easier to get fired, then the process to "reinvent" Express is under way. Unfortunately too many people at work are like the frog in a pot of water that the heat is slowly increased. Too late by the time they're cooked to escape.

Ask your mgr about the revised 8-90 policy that went in to effect on 5/01/11. It's the policy that deals with discipline in regards to accidents.....you'll want to read it over.