The right wing giggle hour!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Glad you thought about it; over and out.

All true. But it is still extremely humorous and laughter is indeed the best medicine. Most importantly, we must be able to laugh at ourselves. I certainly haven't meant anything here personally toward anyone, and I try not to take other ppl's antics personally. I succeed sometimes. Personally I appreciate the heck outta having a mirror held up for me on occasion.

Some illustrations are extremely clever. I genuinely appreciate having a forum in which to share them.

Thanks for listening! Great thread, BTW.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Laughing is one thing but OCD is totally another.....but not to worry, Catherine Zeta Jones has been released, so there's a room available for TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pigford v. Glickman was a class action lawsuit against the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), alleging racial discrimination in its allocation of farm loans and assistance between 1983 and 1997. The lawsuit ended with a settlement in which the U.S. government agreed to pay African American farmers US$50,000 each if they had attempted to get USDA help but failed. To date, almost US$1 billion has been paid or credited to the farmers under the settlement's consent decree.
Even if you got a potted plant, that makes you a farmer. There was no vetting of the claims, no investigation into legitimacy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I remember reading about that case. They estimated there were something like 6,000 of those farmers and like 83,000 people ended up filing claims.......Whee, free money!!!

packageguy

''Experts say — this is interesting — that since Sarah Palin became the vice presidential nominee, there's been an actual spike in the sales of her style of eyeglasses. Gone way up. Yeah. Yeah, with Palin's glasses, you'll be able to see everything, except what the hell your teenage daughter's up to.'' —Conan O'Brien

I guess it's safe to say, your not a Sarah Palin fan. lol

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Pigford v. Glickman was a class action lawsuit against the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), alleging racial discrimination in its allocation of farm loans and assistance between 1983 and 1997. The lawsuit ended with a settlement in which the U.S. government agreed to pay African American farmers US$50,000 each if they had attempted to get USDA help but failed. To date, almost US$1 billion has been paid or credited to the farmers under the settlement's consent decree.
Even if you got a potted plant, that makes you a farmer. There was no vetting of the claims, no investigation into legitimacy.

For a more accurate understanding:

http://www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/crs/RS20430.pdf

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
images

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mrs. Sherrod has stated publicly that she believes the White House was behind her firing because she was told this by USDA Undersecretary Cheryl Cook. Vilsack has denied White House involvement. The White House and the USDA both had good reasons for not wanting publicity about Pigford and Mrs. Sherrod; she, her husband Charles and the New Communities farm that she helped manage were by far the largest single recipients of Pigford money, getting over $13 million.
USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, a Democrat, is also the former governor of Iowa who also served in the state legislature with Steve King. Vilsack has made Pigford a priority in his administration and has opposed any efforts to investigate fraud in the settlement.
Vilsack’s USDA also did an end run around the court decision and created their own expedited process to give money to women and Hispanic farmers — and significantly, women and Hispanics who claim to have attempted to farm. This “attempted to farm” distinction is exactly what led to significant fraud in Pigford.
http://biggovernment.com/tag/pigford-settlement/

island1fox

I know another way to have it rebuilt by next week along with the rest of New Orleans which still has not been completed years after Bush was roasted.
Bring our troops home from ALL foreign countries. Stop getting involved where we do not belong.
In Libya we have recently spent over 500 million dollars on Bombs and Tomahawk missles that so far have only killed Khadafy's Grandchilden.
Shame on Code Pink and the Liberal left -it truly shows how low and phony beliefs are when it comes to Politics. Bush would be roasted in the press and by anti-war protests--now the news reports on Jusin Bieber and Usher at weekly White House parties.
The navy sea-bees would have our disaster areas fixed in a heartbeat --instead we "nation build" in countries that hate us and we just let our own people suffer !!!:sick:
Obama with his hands in his pockets takes a photo op and then jets off to his next party or campaign stop !!