The Scourge of America with Integrity (On Topic Only Please)

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Try apply the reasonable person standard to your own question.

When getting down to details yes.

IMO They would be wrong and unreasonable in their view of my wealth.
Have you looked around you at the gender confused, the hamas supporters, blm, border igniters, police defenders, ad infinitum, ad nauseum??????

Where the capital friend are you going to find this reasonable person, and how will you get a consensus.

I believe you’re brain dead.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Go to very poor countries and ask them if they think you're wealthy. You don't seem to realize how materially blessed you are.
That doesn’t matter.

No reasonable person would view my assets or my income as being one that encourages or even makes possible the absurd accumulation of wealth.

Thebrownblob

Try apply the reasonable person standard to your own question.

When getting down to details yes.

IMO They would be wrong and unreasonable in their view of my wealth.
Some people believe in killing babies is reasonable. Some people believe mutilating children is reasonable. This is all very subjective my friend. There is no such thing as just reasonable people.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have you looked around you at the gender confused, the hamas supporters, blm, border igniters, police defenders, ad infinitum, ad nauseum??????

Where the capital friend are you going to find this reasonable person, and how will you get a consensus.

I believe you’re brain dead.
?

Thebrownblob

That doesn’t matter.

No reasonable person would view my assets or my income as being one that encourages or even makes possible the absurd accumulation of wealth.
You’re wrong they definitely would. I’ve met them. You’re so well off you’re blind to the plight of a whole group of people you don’t know about. Just the idea of having a permanent place to live. Makes no sense to them.

And the sad part is if I gave them all of my money and worldly possessions, they would waste it all on booze and drugs.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Some people believe in killing babies is reasonable. Some people believe mutilating children is reasonable. This is all very subjective my friend. There is no such thing as just reasonable people.
I think this is an unreasonable approach to this discussion. I am trying to be reasonable.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You’re wrong they definitely would. I’ve met them. You’re so well off you’re blind to the plight of a whole group of people you don’t know about. Just the idea of having a permanent place to live. Makes no sense to them.

And the sad part is if I gave them all of my money and worldly possessions, they would waste it all on booze and drugs.
I disagree.

Why would you give anybody all your money? That’s not reasonable, IMO.

vantexan

@burrheadd, The idea is a progressive income similar to the one that existed in the US in 1960. I am not suggest any wealth that you have accumulatedh would be affected.
Except we've already established that you would have people either pay 0% in income tax or 91% of their income in tax, depending on their income. In 1960 the progressive income tax had a top bracket of 91% at $200,000 or higher for singles, $400,000 for couples.

That doesn't mean that they paid 91% of all their income, just 91% above those numbers. Their income below those amounts were taxed at lower rates that grew progressively higher. If you were poor you paid little.

But wait there's more. In today's dollars it takes more than 10 times more dollars to have the equivalent to those amounts in 1960. So if you thought you were going to take 91% of $200,000+ in income, or $400,000+ depending on if single or a couple, from everyone today making that kind of money you would be wrong.

This is all academic anyways. It appears the scourge of America is our school system.

I'm Batman.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If I gave them 91% lol what’s the difference? They would waste every bit of it on booze and drugs. Even they wouldn’t disagree.
The 91% would be your tax rate if you are one of highest earners in the country. You would be paying it as taxes not giving it to one person. But you know this.

vantexan

That doesn’t matter.

Again, go to a developing nation. They are very reasonable people, and they think you're rich.

I used to research living in the Philippines. Saw on a forum a guy say that to most Filipinos if you stand in front of a machine, punch in some numbers, and it spits money at you then you're a very wealthy man.

Thebrownblob

The 91% would be your tax rate if you are one of highest earners in the country. You would be paying it as taxes not giving it to one person. But you know this.
Well, according to statistics if my net worth is over $1 million I’m in the top 5% so I guess I am absurdly wealthy?

It’s pretty much pointless to argue with you because your argument is the way you feel with no actually facts at all. Your utopia sounds nice, but it isn’t reality my friend.