The Tribute to Good Supervisors Thread

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by tardus, Feb 19, 2013.

1. tardus

tardus New Member

Well, I just thought that now that I've retired that I should give a shout-out to the few decent supervisors that I encountered over the years. I often think of the time that I backed into the district manager's fancy automobile with a package car. My lady supervisor laughed and told me that she thought that he deserved it! I thought that she walked on water from then on!

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Wrong sub-forum, this belongs in mgmt one.

3. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

my center manager is the best boss i have ever had. lets me know what he wants to happen and leaves all the details and methods to me

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

<crickets>

5. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

The Triibute to Good Supervisors Thread

I have had quite a few good supervisors in the 26 years I have been here. It would be nice if the company rewarded them for their ethics and integrity instead of punishing them.

6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I have had very good sups. I appreciate them very much, and go out of my way to do right by them.

7. moosedawg06

moosedawg06 New Member

I recently became a Sup, so I'm hoping over my career someone can say this about me.

8. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

The natural jerks withstanding, it is my belief that the "goodness" of a supervisor is proportionate to the craziness that is given to them. As the crazy goes up, the goodness goes down; even the best supervisors can only dodge the stupid for so long, until someone comes along and directly instructs you to do the crazy. The fact that they have to directly instruct you to do the crazy is evidence of two things: 1) their own incompetence as management, and 2) the intensity of the "crazy" in question.

I smell a mathematical formula somewhere in there.

9. tardus

tardus New Member

Isn't that the truth ... the workers will go to great lengths to help out the good supervisors who treat the employees well.

10. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Just like everything else in life, its a two-way street.

Along the same line of thought, do you think you are capable of respecting someone that does not respect you?

11. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

the entire operations level is a pathetic joke by the corporate level...

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would respect the position if not the person holding said position.

13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

The supervisors in my last center still call me on my birthday and anniversary. one in my current center harasses and intimidates.
    I think the center manager came from sobers building so that is probably why.

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Is this the best center manager you have worked for in your 15 month career?

15. You better be nice to him! He may be your new SUP nextweek!...........................It wouldnt kill you to kiss up to your new boss?!!!

16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

To be fair, around here you'd see 3 in that time frame.

17. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

tardus

Excellent thread!

Unfortunately the best management people that I have experienced in UPS no longer work for UPS.

Every time I see someone who cares about people with the claims that are outlined in the UPS written policies I know their days are numbered.

What profit a man if he gains all the money in the whole world yet loses his soul?

Management who don't trade their souls for false promises of the deceptive culture exhibited at many large corporations are usually unwelcomed trouble makers.

They are becoming extinct.

Sincerely,
    I

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

So, you are saying BrownBaggin is getting fired?

19. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

menotyou,

I see no where in my posts that I ever made that statement.

Sincerely,
    I

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Every time I see someone who cares about people with the claims that are outlined in the UPS written policies I know their days are numbered" could have been written with brownbaggin in mind.