The Trump Election and FedEx

bbsam

Staff member
And we used to say on this forum wait until they start doing to you contractors what they're doing to us.
Then again, could just be a hyper-active group of jackasses in our local management. From top to bottom they really need to be replaced.

vantexan

Then again, could just be a hyper-active group of jackasses in our local management. From top to bottom they really need to be replaced.
If they're like the mgrs I've known in numerous locations, the pressure from above to make their numbers turns them into jackasses.

It will be fine

If they're like the mgrs I've known in numerous locations, the pressure from above to make their numbers turns them into jackasses.
There's this and the lowered contracts. I've been saying they are setting us up to fail. You can't take away enough money for another driver and truck and then complain when I don't have the resources on hand to handle volume. All the mangers say is they aren't involved in negotiations. They are demanding results with no input or control over how we afford it.

bacha29

There's this and the lowered contracts. I've been saying they are setting us up to fail. You can't take away enough money for another driver and truck and then complain when I don't have the resources on hand to handle volume. All the mangers say is they aren't involved in negotiations. They are demanding results with no input or control over how we afford it.
I find no joy in hearing this but as I said before the single routes were the best friends the multi's had. With little money tied up in it whenever they started getting cuffed around and slapped around they could quit abruptly and not lose much. The 4 remaining ISP's at the little barn I hauled out of are going through the same thing. Pressured to deploy assets they're not being compensated for. In the future it might become very difficult to keep margins high enough to preserve equity.

bbsam

Staff member
B
But you do have the resources to do so. As long as you are willing to shrink your margins. Think about it. If they can get the investor class at 7% return but have to pay you 12% of gross...well the numbers say they should squeeze you to that 7% or look elsewhere.

bacha29

B

But you do have the resources to do so. As long as you are willing to shrink your margins. Think about it. If they can get the investor class at 7% return but have to pay you 12% of gross...well the numbers say they should squeeze you to that 7% or look elsewhere.
That seems to be the direction they're headed. No question X believed that if they could get rid of the single routes they would then be able to squeeze the margins of those that remain. Creating equity for contractors was never the intent and that fact has never been more obvious than it is right now.

Bounty

That seems to be the direction they're headed. No question X believed that if they could get rid of the single routes they would then be able to squeeze the margins of those that remain. Creating equity for contractors was never the intent and that fact has never been more obvious than it is right now.
Hey, hey, this is a trump is great thread.
We already know x sucks.