The voice of the Young Republican Christians in Texas... OMG.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You know, you could post pictures of dead Jews in 8 ft. graves, but it's not the thing to do. Are you always so socially unacceptable??

He forgot to mention that the KKK was mostly made up of Democrats too. I grew up in the Civil Rights era, it was the Democrat Governors like George Wallace in Alabama and Lester Maddox in my state that fought against Integration.

tourists24

hmmm... This is getting heated.
not really... TOS is just a very misguided soul. I am a believer, saved, and have no desire to shoot at the president. In his mind is making himself feel better by trying to show true christianity for something that it is not. Christians are for sure fallible and make mistakes and are far from perfect. Thats the same for all humans also, believers or not

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
not really... TOS is just a very misguided soul. I am a believer, saved, and have no desire to shoot at the president. In his mind is making himself feel better by trying to show true christianity for something that it is not. Christians are for sure fallible and make mistakes and are far from perfect. Thats the same for all humans also, believers or not

Saved? From what?

upsgrunt

I explained it before, as have others.
In the simplest terms, and the most convenient definitions(theirs)
"They just don't get it"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
do you really want an explanation on salvation? Or you just pushing buttons?

No explanation necessary or desired. I've just found through life experience that many of the "saved" don't exactly walk their talk. But they do like to express the opinion that their particular religion is the only way to salvation. Perhaps there are many paths and not just one. These Young Republican Christians are disturbing at best, as are fundamentalists of most religions.

No explanation necessary or desired. I've just found through life experience that many of the "saved" don't exactly walk their talk. But they do like to express the opinion that their particular religion is the only way to salvation. Perhaps there are many paths and not just one. These Young Republican Christians are disturbing at best, as are fundamentalists of most religions.

I have found no evidence that this group is officially tied to any "christian" organization much less any claim by them to be overtly christian. Let me give you a little hint, just because TOS says it doesn't make it true.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I have found no evidence that this group is officially tied to any "christian" organization much less any claim by them to be overtly christian. Let me give you a little hint, just because TOS says it doesn't make it true.

Many things TOS says are not true...and when confronted he runs and hides.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really? Who are the mighty Taliban like evangelicals leading the christian cause? I want to make sure to avoid them so I dont become part of the Taliban

Any fundamentalist Christian is dangerous. Here's a personal example. Anecdotal, but true. My old neighbor was a born-again Christian minister, who could never have a conversation without turning it into something about God. If I said his yard looked good, it was because Jesus wanted him to have the gift of a nice yard. Whatever, I can deal with that. What I could not tolerate was this man's absolute intolerance of Catholics, Jews, Gays, Mormons. Muslims, Buddhists, Pacifists, Environmentalists and on and on. In short, if you did not believe exactly as he did, not only were you not going to Heaven, but you were Hell-bound, and also the enemy. My wife, who is Catholic, and perhaps the most moral person I have ever met, was on the fast track to Hell according to this guy. So was I, because even though I try and live by the Ten Commandments, I don't go to church, tithe, or otherwise commit my life to Jesus. I'll put my morality and principles up against those of any Christian, at any time.

I see the same belief system at play with fundamentalist Right Wing Christians all the time, both in the media and in everyday life.

You, and everyone else should be free to believe whatever you want. However, don't condemn everyone who might feel differently, and stow your superior, all-knowing, one-way only smug attitudes where they belong.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When people are "Jesus-freaks" don't hang with them....don't speak to them if you don't like their responses. Don't say it's not easy because I don't speak to my neighbor (bitch)

Nobody twists your arm to speak with anybody. If you choose to, knowing the consequences, then tough titties!

tourists24

Any fundamentalist Christian is dangerous. Here's a personal example. Anecdotal, but true. My old neighbor was a born-again Christian minister, who could never have a conversation without turning it into something about God. If I said his yard looked good, it was because Jesus wanted him to have the gift of a nice yard. Whatever, I can deal with that. What I could not tolerate was this man's absolute intolerance of Catholics, Jews, Gays, Mormons. Muslims, Buddhists, Pacifists, Environmentalists and on and on. In short, if you did not believe exactly as he did, not only were you not going to Heaven, but you were Hell-bound, and also the enemy. My wife, who is Catholic, and perhaps the most moral person I have ever met, was on the fast track to Hell according to this guy. So was I, because even though I try and live by the Ten Commandments, I don't go to church, tithe, or otherwise commit my life to Jesus. I'll put my morality and principles up against those of any Christian, at any time.

I see the same belief system at play with fundamentalist Right Wing Christians all the time, both in the media and in everyday life.

You, and everyone else should be free to believe whatever you want. However, don't condemn everyone who might feel differently, and stow your superior, all-knowing, one-way only smug attitudes where they belong.
This makes christians the Taliban? If you dont believe then what does it matter what the old guy believes? Im sorry if there is a faith that believes that there is one way to Heaven. Matter of fact there are a lot of them out there. If you have a better way to Heaven, please show me how that happens. If you dont believe in that then why does this matter to you. Those people arent your friends anyway. Being a christian I dont agree with the man you were describing either. You are free to make your choices but dont get angry when you think you can buy your way into Heaven with good acts. The bible is very specific on the requirements. Having said that, the moment the man starts pointing his finger I would just tell him to mind his own business.

This doesnt make all preachers the Taliban. You have an open invitation to come to my church and see if you feel the same way about my preacher. This thread shows a very bad representation on christians and is why I spoke up. Im not forcing anyone to read it but I will defend my faith. It doenst mean I wont be friends with someone for not believing. Just ask WKMAC. He out and out admits to not believing. Not trying to put words in his mouth but I believe he may even refer to it as a fairy tale religion. Im ok with him and consider him to be a friend. However as a christian I know he isnt going to heaven. Then again I dont think he cares about that....lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This makes christians the Taliban? If you dont believe then what does it matter what the old guy believes? Im sorry if there is a faith that believes that there is one way to Heaven. Matter of fact there are a lot of them out there. If you have a better way to Heaven, please show me how that happens. If you dont believe in that then why does this matter to you. Those people arent your friends anyway. Being a christian I dont agree with the man you were describing either. You are free to make your choices but dont get angry when you think you can buy your way into Heaven with good acts. The bible is very specific on the requirements. Having said that, the moment the man starts pointing his finger I would just tell him to mind his own business.

This doesnt make all preachers the Taliban. You have an open invitation to come to my church and see if you feel the same way about my preacher. This thread shows a very bad representation on christians and is why I spoke up. Im not forcing anyone to read it but I will defend my faith. It doenst mean I wont be friends with someone for not believing. Just ask WKMAC. He out and out admits to not believing. Not trying to put words in his mouth but I believe he may even refer to it as a fairy tale religion. Im ok with him and consider him to be a friend. However as a christian I know he isnt going to heaven. Then again I dont think he cares about that....lol

The Far Right Evangelicals are very similar to the Taliban in that they have absolute beliefs, and are willing to take extreme measures to ensure that others "follow". The killing of abortion doctors, bombings of abortion clinics, death to gays etc. are all the doings of Evangelical fanatics. Other than methodology (killing people with guns vs killing them with IEDs), they both represent extreme beliefs.

I'll bet I could sit down and agree with your preacher (or you) about a lot of things, and I happen to think that Jesus had some great ideas. A lot of people and churches have taken what Jesus said, and warped it to fit their agenda, which to me is an affront both to Jesus and anyone else who has to put-up with the mis-representation of His word and ideals.

tourists24

The Far Right Evangelicals are very similar to the Taliban in that they have absolute beliefs, and are willing to take extreme measures to ensure that others "follow". The killing of abortion doctors, bombings of abortion clinics, death to gays etc. are all the doings of Evangelical fanatics. Other than methodology (killing people with guns vs killing them with IEDs), they both represent extreme beliefs.

I'll bet I could sit down and agree with your preacher (or you) about a lot of things, and I happen to think that Jesus had some great ideas. A lot of people and churches have taken what Jesus said, and warped it to fit their agenda, which to me is an affront both to Jesus and anyone else who has to put-up with the mis-representation of His word and ideals.
These "far right" evangelicals are by no means an accurate representation or spokespeople for christianity. As a matter of fact, I would question whether they are truly christians or not to begin with. Even if they are, they sure dont speak for the vast majority of christians. They are simply as looney as any other extremist from any group. This whole thread has been about lumping all of christianity together and is wrong. Last time I checked, we have a lot more freedom of choice than any Taliban run society. Getting offended doesnt count as being persecuted

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
These "far right" evangelicals are by no means an accurate representation or spokespeople for christianity. As a matter of fact, I would question whether they are truly christians or not to begin with. Even if they are, they sure dont speak for the vast majority of christians. They are simply as looney as any other extremist from any group. This whole thread has been about lumping all of christianity together and is wrong. Last time I checked, we have a lot more freedom of choice than any Taliban run society. Getting offended doesnt count as being persecuted

Ask Dr. Tiller if he was offended. Oops, he's kind of dead, so you can't. I get your drift.

tourists24

Ask Dr. Tiller if he was offended. Oops, he's kind of dead, so you can't. I get your drift.
Scot Roeder is you example of christian representation? Really? Have you read his history? This is no representation of christianity even if he claimed to be one. Dr Tiller was protested for a long time in a peaceful manner by true chritian groups and one nut job comes along and THAT is the spokesman for christians. This man (Roeder)was condemned by christian groups for his actions (very un Taliban-like) as well he should have been. Not to mention he had a history of mental problems to begin with

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

YET tourist, they make up the largest percentage of republicans and you dont distance yourself from them. The far right evangelicals are a serious problem to this country. Its extremist views and connections to guns and militias is all i need in order to call them kooks.

What about Jesus camp? Do you think that is wrong?

Peace.