There but for the grace of God go I

S

speeddemon

As much garbage as we all "have to put up with" at UPS, it only takes a story like this to remind us of how fortunate we are to have the jobs we do. God bless them....

sano

It would be kinda weird being a UPS driver in Wilmington :sad-little:
Especially when delivering notices from the banks.
I wish nothing but the best to all DHL's former employees. The overall economy is not too bad here in central OH, so maybe some of them can get jobs.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I watched this last night and I believe it is just the tip of the iceburg. As more and more people get laid off and lose their jobs, the trickle down will be unreal. One answer I believe to this is the unions, Their wages pay what it takes to make it during these economic times. The Union employee has more money to put back into the economy and help everyone up the money chain. I do not believe bailing out the banks has made much of a difference down here.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Bingo, totally agree Feeder53. I see the main problem was a systematic nuetering of workers that are the very consumers that capitalism relies on so heavily. If the consumer becomes broke they can't consume. Union jobs pay more and have better benefits, benefits usually are a huge cost for non-union consumers. Somehow the MAN neeeds to find a way to allow unions a better foothold in the system, and at the same time shackle businesses that ship their jobs overseas for cheap labor. I'm in WA state near the Canada border and if you can believe this, Canadian companies over the past few years have been setting up shop right across the border to exploit the cheap non-union, no benefit labor of the US. Just like what we do on the border in Mexico. I guess the bright side is that the world is round and eventually Anartica will be sending their factories back to Alaska and the Great white north.:happy2:

UPSNewbie

I watched this last night and I believe it is just the tip of the iceburg. As more and more people get laid off and lose their jobs, the trickle down will be unreal. One answer I believe to this is the unions, Their wages pay what it takes to make it during these economic times. The Union employee has more money to put back into the economy and help everyone up the money chain. I do not believe bailing out the banks has made much of a difference down here.

I just saw on the news this morning that Citigroup bought a new jet for the suits with our money. They said it was ordered two years ago, but they would have turned it back had Citigroup not had the money that they just received from bailout.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Very sad.
Lordstown Ohio just announced lay off of another 800 Union jobs UAW/GM , bringing the total to 2800. People hired since 1985, 24 yrs seniority and gone. And having trouble getting their unemployment also as it hit in such droves.

browndevil

Very sad.
Lordstown Ohio just announced lay off of another 800 Union jobs UAW/GM , bringing the total to 2800. People hired since 1985, 24 yrs seniority and gone. And having trouble getting their unemployment also as it hit in such droves.
In California our Govenor just had to borrow money from the federal govt. to pay for unemployment benefits