They have me too much money for my retro check

upschuck

Sorry. My bad. I was hired in 2012. I've worked almost 2 years here.

And fwiw they didn't have my sign anything. Just gave me a sheet with the amounts on it.
This should of been your pay:

Aug 8 2012...........$9.50
Nov 6 2012...........$10.50
Aug 1 2013...........$11.20 Retro
Aug 8 2013...........$11.50 Retro (pay should have raised to $11.00 under old contract)
Aug 1 2014...........$12.20
Aug 1 2015...........$12.90
Aug 8 2015...........$13.40

Assuming you are in a "skilled" position. So as you can see you actually did get your 70¢, but progression added another raise shortly after.

MattE

This should of been your pay:

Aug 8 2012...........$9.50
Nov 6 2012...........$10.50
Aug 1 2013...........$11.20 Retro
Aug 8 2013...........$11.50 Retro (pay should have raised to $11.00 under old contract)
Aug 1 2014...........$12.20
Aug 1 2015...........$12.90
Aug 8 2015...........$13.40

Assuming you are in a "skilled" position. So as you can see you actually did get your 70¢, but progression added another raise shortly after.

Thanks for the info. That sounds about right. I do think the sheet they handed me had a couple of days at .20 and then the rest at .50. And I do believe I work a skilled position. We're a smaller center and I can work any position we have. I load cars most days. Scanned yesterday. We were short handed today due to call ins and worked loading/dcap/sure post.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Work safe or not at all.

UPS is claiming that if you quit before the new contract was implemented, you never worked under the new contract, you quit under the old contract and are therefore not entitled to back pay. My local has promised to pursue it if any past employee wishes to attempt to receive back pay. The company may have a point. Class action perhaps?

File early, file often.

Satuirus2000

UPS is claiming that if you quit before the new contract was implemented, you never worked under the new contract, you quit under the old contract and are therefore not entitled to back pay. My local has promised to pursue it if any past employee wishes to attempt to receive back pay. The company may have a point. Class action perhaps?

File early, file often.
Jesus. Is anyone surprised? They have no shame at all. Anything to save a dime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could somebody tell me if driver helpers were suppose to get a bump in pay?

Helper pay is addressed in the NMA but will vary depending on where you work.

Seasonal helpers will not receive a retro check.

Insiders who worked as helpers should have already received their retro pay.

WESLA

It is what it is
Helper pay is addressed in the NMA but will vary depending on where you work.

Seasonal helpers will not receive a retro check.

Insiders who worked as helpers should have already received their retro pay.
I got my .70 for hours worked inside, and originally I got 1.50 for hours I worked as a driver helper and now they are trying to take that 1.50 back.

watdaflock?

I was overpaid on retro by $350 bucks or so.
The paper gave me the choice how many weeks to spread back repayment, I choose 52 weeks.
I'm paying back a little over $6.00 a week for a year.

Now we'll see if that's what they actually take out of my check and don't eff me over.

fres431

Management tried to get me to sign a release saying I owe ups in excess of $400 i refused to sign and told them take me to panel. Talked to couple stewards and my ba they advised me they won't get any monies out of me and if by chance they do let ups know that I'm in financial hardship and limit the withdraws to $5 per week.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MattE

They gave us a sheet to fill out how many weeks we wanted it spread over. But they did say if we went too long it probably wouldn't be approved. Not sure exactly what that meant. But I went for 5 weeks. Better than the 3 weeks they had first told me they were doing to do.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They gave us a sheet to fill out how many weeks we wanted it spread over. But they did say if we went too long it probably wouldn't be approved. Not sure exactly what that meant. But I went for 5 weeks. Better than the 3 weeks they had first told me they were doing to do.

Sent using BrownCafe App

"What that meant" is that anything beyond 52 weeks would be disapproved.

Resident know-it-all.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I left ups April 2014 so from August to April I should get retro pay correct? Still waiting and no one really can give me a straight answer!!

If your not employed at time of ratification you do not get the retro check. Unless you retired.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Did they work under new contract? The answer is no. True, the contract is retroactive to Aug, but we were not under it until Apr 25. Don't know this for a fact, but only makes sense to me.

This is the reason. They were not employed when the contract ratified. Retro activity is only applied to active covered employees