They have me too much money for my retro check

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ant12, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Ant12

Ant12 Member

I was loading and I get called out of my truck by a full time sup. I see 2 full time sups standing there waiting for me so I was like :censored2: what did I do! Then they told me there was a mistake in my retro check and they gave me 10$ too much. They made me sign a paper and told me I would be getting a 10$ reduction in my next paycheck lol. Do you think this would have happened if UPS "accidentally have someone too little for their check?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Yes.

3. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

They told me they gave me $2.08 too much. I file a grievance letting them know they shorter me $200.

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

:bsbullf:

5. Cheezie

Cheezie New Member

I left ups April 2014 so from August to April I should get retro pay correct? Still waiting and no one really can give me a straight answer!!

6. Mt co worker got an adjusted retro check ....4 cents minus 1 cent Federal tax. 3 cents take home!...lol

7. bleedinbrown58

Yup...you should've gotten one. But being you no longer work here...I'm sure UPS just "forgot".

8. bleedinbrown58

It'll cost more in gas to drive to the bank to cash it...lol

9. It cost more to cut the check.

10. bleedinbrown58

So that's where the thanksgiving turkey money went...images-42.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. MattE

MattE New Member

Yeah they told me today I was paid $156.xx too much. To be taken out in 3 "easy installments". Which sucks as I'm part time and that will be about 1/4 of my normal check.

So here's my question. My hire date was aug 8, 2013. And no one ever really explained the whole progression thing to me. My fault for not looking into it. But when the contract finally went through I got a .50 raise. From the the part timers I've talked to, it appears that those with over a year got .70, and those under got .50. I was really a week late from getting the extra .20?

That's apparently what caused the overpayment. They figured it at .70 instead of .50. And how exactly does this progression thing work? Assuming I stay at part time.

I'm signing every bid list in sight to drive, but they haven't sent anyone from my hub lately.

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. What was your previous rate?

13. MattE

MattE New Member

I was at 11.00 and now 11.50. And I'll have to look back, but I know I haven't had a raise since well before August.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. Dont let them beagt you down!...make them prove It!...if you owe them back money, get a union steward and get a fair,repayment plan

15. This whole retro check,is a cluster......................................

16. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Huh? Why would you have gotten a raise before you got hired?

17. MattE

MattE New Member

Sorry. My bad. I was hired in 2012. I've worked almost 2 years here.

And fwiw they didn't have my sign anything. Just gave me a sheet with the amounts on it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

18. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

We got to pick how many pay periods to take it out of. They over paid me something like $2.56. I said one period but I should have said 256

19. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

yes

I know a man who retired in november and got his

20. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Retirements are different than quitting. Retirees are, essentially, still getting paid for their work at UPS. People who quit are not.