Thread Themes

helenofcalifornia

Canon!!! Way to go!! You are not BS-ing are you? No wonder you have so much energy. Your knees don't hurt, and you brain is firing all its synapses!! Atta boy!!!!! I hope your don't expect your wife to keep up with you.

DS

Fenderbender
Since were talking thread themes here (loosely)
how about recent movies ...is that too boring?
canon mentioned he was going to see 300...I`d
like a review,I just saw The Last King of Scotland.
I`m sure moreluck and everyone else could contribute .
With all these new members,maybe we should expand a bit.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You'd have to take the favorite movie thread to 'Life After Brown'. I thought we had one there once. I'm too lazy to look

Channahon

I never figured out how a movie about Idi Amin had the name King of Scotland? Haven't seen the movie yet, looking forward to "Shrek 3" with the grandkids.

canon

canon,you are gonna kill yourself.
Just eat properly and eat less.
Walk that 10 miles,dont run.
As far as the amount of heartbeats goes,
I think our bodies are like cars.The pistons
firing are like heartbeats.If you use cheap
fuel and run the engine at 8000 rpm,(like
you plan on doing)its components will eventually
break down.(do you really want a valve job?)
Some people are born as fiats,some are vipers,
but god usually makes us a nice dependable
vehicle,like a VW beetle or a BMW .
Youll be fine if you just use clean fuel,change
your oil frequently,and rotate your tires every
10,000 miles.
The only problem with the car analogy is the difference between metal and muscle. The heart is a muscle and is capable of becoming stronger with use and regular conditioning. You're right, good fuel is key. I've been negligent in that dept lately. If I'm wrong about exercise, then maybe there's some comfort in knowing I'll look my best at my wake lol.

Canon!!! Way to go!! You are not BS-ing are you? No wonder you have so much energy. Your knees don't hurt, and you brain is firing all its synapses!! Atta boy!!!!! I hope your don't expect your wife to keep up with you.
I've been yelled at a couple of times for being a tough coach... but she does well on her own. We decided to become one of those "active couples" you always see at the park walking/running. My idea of what that entails is bit different than hers lol. She's come a long way in punching/kicking ability too... and has really taken a liking to using that as a route for cardio workout. This is bound to backfire on me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Eat properly, exercise,........I've thrown in the towel! I just read today that "60" is the official ending of middle age.

After May, I don't know what group I'll fit into. I like middle age.....what will my new group be called? :confused:1 Be nice !!

tieguy

Banned
Eat properly, exercise,........I've thrown in the towel! I just read today that "60" is the official ending of middle age.

After May, I don't know what group I'll fit into. I like middle age.....what will my new group be called? :confused:1 Be nice !!

I believe you start all over with infant.:thumbup1:

canon

You should see the number of runners in the 80+ group at races. I think the preexisting limits of where middleage and old end or begin are so blurred anymore, you set your own definitions based on your participation in life itself. They can call 60 the end of middle age, but I've seen people in their 60's in better shape than I was when I was 30. And if you live to be 100 which isn't so uncommon anymore, you have another 40 years to go.

I had a great honor to train with some guy who was traveling and didn't want to miss a week. Herb showed up at my class and we paired up. This particular day, the exercise called for grabbing your opponent by the neck and pulling him toward you, at the same time driving your knee into his chest where he is holding a large pad. The pad does very little to stop the impact imo. Rapid fire BamBamBamBam then push away. Redo. Switch up. Etc. Toward the end of the class Herb told me he had just recently celebrated his 72nd birthday. He had been training for a year in chicago where his son is an instructor. This guy outlasted some teenager in the class who quit from being so tired, and dished out as much as he took from me. In fact, he hit harder than most of the new people a fraction of his age.
60? It can be just the beginning if you make it so, and the starting line is whenever you make the decision. :thumbup1:

canon

Since were talking thread themes here (loosely)
how about recent movies ...is that too boring?
canon mentioned he was going to see 300...I`d
like a review,I just saw The Last King of Scotland.
I`m sure moreluck and everyone else could contribute .
With all these new members,maybe we should expand a bit.

I liked it, but agreed with the local paper that it goes way over the top with the special effects. It's hard to imagine, but eventually you start thinking sometimes less is more.

It's definately a movie that having seen it, I appreciated the big screen and booming sound. Imax would have been the only improvement. Would see it again, worth the money imo, and don't go if you don't like violence.

Normally, it's much too violent a movie for either my wife or my sister-in-law... but my brother claimed we owed it to him for making him see Nacho Libre. Nobody could argue that point.

Brownnblue

I was merely stating the themes on most of the threads and not to sound negative, also made a positive statement.

Apparently, you didn't perceive my post that way.

Damn right I didn't.

After years and years of fielding comments like "you're one step up from a paperboy and you think you're important", I guess I am entitled to a little over sensitivity.

That said, I will be the first to admit that it is sometimes hard to discern the exact meaning of what the poster is trying to convey.

satellitedriver

No offense intended, but when was the last time you met a 120 year old. I am 54 yrs old and amazed that I have made it this far.
It's all a crap shoot. Genetics, lifestyle and pure dumb luck.
Sometimes I think people spend more time on trying to live longer than they do living each precious day of their life.
I try to take a few moments each day and just look around at this wonderful world and give thanks that I am here to see it.

helenofcalifornia

60 is the "new" 40!! No, wait a minute, no one is going to believe that. How about 60 is the new 50. That sounds about right. Though some of us feel like 35 is the old 70 after a day's work at UPS.