Thrift plan

sox

Hi guys, don’t post often but the wife the CPA has been asleep for a while. Was the old thrift plan before or after taxed Got a call from another retiree going through a divorce. I took the stock option and am sitting pretty but really can’t remember.any help would be welcome!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hi guys, don’t post often but the wife the CPA has been asleep for a while. Was the old thrift plan before or after taxed Got a call from another retiree going through a divorce. I took the stock option and am sitting pretty but really can’t remember.any help would be welcome!
The employee contribution was after tax.

john chesney

They converted my old thrift plan into 401k I had no choice. I wonder how you kept yours

john chesney

Seems like I cashed mine out. Can't remember the options when the company did away with it. I was a young buck
I don’t remember if there was an option on what you could do I just remember you couldn’t stay in it. That was when I was young and full of hope and pride for Ups. All that is gone.I spend my days now hoping for a good bowel movement lol

john chesney

I don’t recall rolling it over to your 401k being one of the options.
If I remember right it’s the thrift plan ended and the 401 k started and it went into the 401 k. Maybe it was different in other areas or regions I don’t know. I wish I’d get a letter saying hey what do you want to do with this million bucks sitting in your thrift plan about right now lol

john chesney

Tell us the truth is the wife really going to wake up after she’s been asleep for awhile? We can start a new thread I’m single and what should I do with all this thrift plan money

oldupsman

The thrift plan done away with when we were first allowed to but stock. 95? 96? Because I rolled
all mine over into UPS stock just before the IPO. I had never touched mine since I started in 1975.
I must admit that has all paid off quite well.