KISS Concert
IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0612.jpg

wkmac

Norman "Hurricane" Smith and his hit were from 1972' if you want an actual date. He died in March of last year but where I know Smith from is not only the Beatles but Smith also produced the early works of Pink Floyd in Piper and the Gates of Dawn, Saucerful of Secrets and the legendary Ummagumma. :thumbup: Norm was an unsucessful jazz musician so he joined EMI as a sound apprentice and worked his way up through the ranks at EMI.

Smith's musical efforts never really went anywhere after this but in 2004' he did another solo effort and both Paul McCartney and members of Pink Floyd had messages in the CD liner notes. He was greatly thought of by both the Beatles and the PF faternity.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For fans of old blue eyes.....Tuesday, Dec. 8th at 8 PM (CA. time) his June 25, 1980 concert will be shown on KCET here. I guess it's your public broadcasting station....check your listings!

Failure Boy

Went and saw Metallica Sunday night. Great show although I did have some beefs with the sound EQ. Gojira, a french death metal band and Lamb of God opened. Both very good and enjoyed Gojira who are death metal in using growls but also has a solid progressive element to their music.

Whoever took this video was not far from us at all.

YouTube - Metallica Live Atlanta (10/4/09) Part 1

And this is One

YouTube - Metallica - One. October 4, 2009 - Atlanta, GA

Gojira ? Touring the States ?
Awful awful band, haha...
Please keep them over there. :greedy:

wkmac

Gojira ? Touring the States ?
Awful awful band, haha...
Please keep them over there. :greedy:

OK but while you are at it could you send over another great french band in Nebelnest? Got hooked on them after they played ProgDay in 99' but been kinda quite of late sadly.

wkmac

Into Prog ?
Ever heard of HUMAN ANOMALY from S.friend ?
They're amazing : http://www.myspace.com/humananomaly

No I've not but I'll check them out. Thanks.

Perhaps you would like Einsteinsender Neubauten:

Thanks and yeah I do find that interesting. Reminds me of another band I like called Art of Noise who recorded various sounds from starting chain saws to banging items who make sound in different pitches to create a song called "Close to the Edit"

One of my favorites from Art of Noise is called Moment in Love which I enjoy the slow almost trance like sounds of polyphony from melodic voicing to digital and electronic instrumentation. We have a couple of synths at our house and I play with them although the family sez it sounds like dying animals when I do it. I did sound like Keith Emerson once, well for 2 notes anyway! :happy-very: My 2 daughters, especially the drummer are very good with them however.

In the youtube version below of Moments in Love they jack up the tempo to a dance beat in this improvd' live version near the end of the song but the original was only a melodic groove that is so relaxing IMO.

In the case of Close to the Edit and my love of classic prog music, it was Trevor Horn, founder of Art of Noise who for the Yes album Drama was the band's vocalist replacing Jon Anderson and then being the bands producer for 2 more albums after that. Horns career as both musician, song writer and producer is very impressive. When Art of Noise did Close to the Edit, Yes fans were thinking the iconic Close to the Edge but it's nothing like it at all which makes it even better IMO although I love Close to the Edge.