542thruNthru

8 months. It’s nothing like lates or attendance. Just need to know can they bring up stuff that far back. That’s why I was asking about the article 7. ( 5 )days of the cause of the suspension or discharge.
Depends what you mean. If this is attendance they can go back 9 months from a recent attendance infraction. Do you mean they can't use occurrence in the last 9 months for progressive discipline?

DyllanN

Depends what you mean. If this is attendance they can go back 9 months from a recent attendance infraction. Do you mean they can't use occurrence in the last 9 months for progressive

Depends what you mean. If this is attendance they can go back 9 months from a recent attendance infraction. Do you mean they can't use occurrence in the last 9 months for progressive discipline?
Yeah, unless I’m reading the article wrong. It’s for the occurrence.

542thruNthru

Yeah, unless I’m reading the article wrong. It’s for the occurrence.
You're reading it wrong. The language you quoted is about being discipline in a timely manner. The company can start progressive discipline and continue it for 9 months. After 9 months the discipline falls off and they have to start over.

How long you been with UPS?

DyllanN

You're reading it wrong. The language you quotes is about being discipline in a timely. The company can start progressive discipline and continue it for 9 months. After 9 months the discipline falls off and they have to start over.

How long you been with UPS?
Been with UPS for 11 years. It’s not a progressive thing. I was terminated for the something that isn’t part of if article 7 section 4 part (b). I was literally fired for exceeding the time within the building which was 2 years under the contract but they allowed me to work 8 months over that time period. I’m just trying to see if the termination can be wavied becuz they didn’t do that within the 5 days of the alleged cause of the discharge.

542thruNthru

Been with UPS for 11 years. It’s not a progressive thing. I was terminated for the something that isn’t part of if article 7 section 4 part (b). I was literally fired for exceeding the time within the building which was 2 years under the contract but they allowed me to work 8 months over that time period. I’m just trying to see if the termination can be wavied becuz they didn’t do that within the 5 days of the alleged cause of the discharge.
I'm lost. You have to give better information about what you're talking about I'd you want a more accurate answer.

DyllanN

I'm lost. You have to give better information about what you're talking about I'd you want a more accurate answer.
Alright, I was a driver that was put into the building doing a split shift. Under the contract it says that I’m allowed to work in the building for 2 years and not to exceed the 2 years. I was terminated 8 months after the 2 year mark. Becuz they said they don’t have too work me no more cuz the met the contracts 2 year mark. That’s why I keep coming back to the 5 day cause of the discharge. They missed the opportunity to discharge. Thats the way I’m reading the article I’m referencing.

542thruNthru

Alright, I was a driver that was put into the building doing a split shift. Under the contract it says that I’m allowed to work in the building for 2 years and not to exceed the 2 years. I was terminated 8 months after the 2 year mark. Becuz they said they don’t have too work me no more cuz the met the contracts 2 year mark. That’s why I keep coming back to the 5 day cause of the discharge. They missed the opportunity to discharge. Thats the way I’m reading the article I’m referencing.
Why were you sent back into the building? Have you filed a grievance and spoke with your BA?

542thruNthru

:censored2:ed around and found out
Ah I see now. Good luck brother. It's a technicality that your local may be able to take advantage of but I think it would depend on how much longer you have till you can return to your duties.

Did you screw up and get it extended longer and that's why you're going over 2 years?

Last edited:

542thruNthru

You're the one on here looking for answers, for that we needs facts. You wanna be cryptic and hide :censored2:, best of luck bro.
It's why I always think twice before becoming a steward. It seems every member wants to only give you half the information. Probably out of embarrassment or a natural reaction from when they were kids.

Give your steward a hug on Monday and tell em I'm sorry!

DyllanN

You're the one on here looking for answers, for that we needs facts. You wanna be cryptic and hide :censored2:, best of luck bro.
Why you so mad? Literally explained everything.
Ah I see now. Good luck brother. It's a technically that your local may be able to take advantage of but I think it would depend on how much longer you have till you can return to your duties.

Did you screw up and get it extended longer and that's why you're going over 2 years?
Yeah, it was a hard revoke. And the dmv waited until 2022 to put it into effect or I woulda had it this year