Time to Act-Up

hypo hanna

As the harassment escalates, it's time for some payback. A few of us are thinking about making a YouTube video called "FedEx Football". Several couriers will play football with a customer package. All will be wearing sacks with slits over their heads and vehicle asset numbers etc. will all be masked off with tape.No tattoos, no visible addresses, and nothing else they can trace. Straight to YouTube.

Screw you, Smith.

If you go ahead with your plan, remember they will try to hunt you down like a dog. They have a team of lawyers and techs whose soul function is to keep their image squeeky clean and punish employees who get out of line.

Make certain the background is a generic as possible. Pixilate anything identifiable.

Electronically scrub the vid of identifing information. (Not sure to do this but if you can scrub a pic, I would think you could clean a vid.)

Have it posted by a 3rd or 4th party.

vantexan

That's your problem van. You just aren't committed to the cause.:wink2:

You do bring up a good point. Hard to be committed to fighting back when at this point it's just about revenge. If FedEx is going to go after and possibly financially ruin 10's of thousands of loyal workers to make a few extra million then they will get their's eventually. Something tells me there will be much more serious problems than YouTube videos. If customers can't rely on getting their shipments delivered due to disabled vehicles all over the country and all over the news, I suspect UPS will become a much more attractive alternative. Just saying', I'm not risking my freedom for a job that's never coming back.

CJinx

Who are you talking to?
To anyone that thinks it's a good idea to kick the crap out of a customer's package because you feel that the company has slighted you in some fashion. The customer had nothing to do with whatever wrong was committed against you. Don't break their stuff.
Sometimes the customers DO deserve to be treated like crap, but most don't. Best if you consider it on a case by case basis.
I talk to customers every day. Some can be jerks, but it solves nothing to treat them like crap.

The point is that people who had nothing to do with whatever decision is affecting your livelihood do not belong in your crosshairs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As the harassment escalates, it's time for some payback. A few of us are thinking about making a YouTube video called "FedEx Football". Several couriers will play football with a customer package. All will be wearing sacks with slits over their heads and vehicle asset numbers etc. will all be masked off with tape.No tattoos, no visible addresses, and nothing else they can trace. Straight to YouTube.

Screw you, Smith.

Why do you want to turn the public against the hourly employee?

Bailey4

Yeah, actually if we went to the doctor for all the annual physicals and routine checks we have put off because we are so busy running fast as we can....that would hurt Fedex more than a video. All he cares about is money. So, might as well take care of your health while you still can. No rules broken there.

zapmail

here here
Yeah, actually if we went to the doctor for all the annual physicals and routine checks we have put off because we are so busy running fast as we can....that would hurt Fedex more than a video. All he cares about is money. So, might as well take care of your health while you still can. No rules broken there.

packageguy

Screw you, Smith.

I think there are other ways to fix and get your message
out there, first H/R or the news media. They hate
negative media.

hypo hanna

I think there are other ways to fix and get your message
out there, first H/R or the news media. They hate
negative media.

Fedex HR = Joke. Part of the "smoke and mirrors" team.

News media has potential. A video with a fake package getting the soccer treatment might get a public discussion going. No point in tearing up some poor schmuck's goods because he was foolish enough to ship fedex. Today's press isnt going to just run with a story for some unhappy employees. A video like that going viral would be another matter.

59 Dano

Fedex HR = Joke.

News media has potential. A video with a fake package getting the soccer treatment might get a public discussion going. No point in tearing up some poor schmuck's goods because he was foolish enough to ship fedex. Today's press isnt going to just run with a story for some unhappy employees. A video like that going viral would be another matter.

It looks like some here slept through the monitor tossing incident from peak. The public had no sympathy for that guy and all he did was casually toss a monitor over a fence. I don't imagine the public would have much sympathy for employees who appear to be maliciously abusing packages.

We could make an argument about the integrity of people who present fictional acts as though they were real, but that train has long left this station.

vantexan

It looks like some here slept through the monitor tossing incident from peak. The public had no sympathy for that guy and all he did was casually toss a monitor over a fence. I don't imagine the public would have much sympathy for employees who appear to be maliciously abusing packages.

We could make an argument about the integrity of people who present fictional acts as though they were real, but that train has long left this station.

They could, of course, hold up a poster explaining their actions. The unsympathetic public might feel differently if they knew how these employees were driven from the middle class. On the other hand so many have been downsized in this economy that no one might care. I suspect all of this is happening now because the economy is providing cover. If FedEx is the people company they've always claimed to be they'd offer at least a nominal amount, say a year's wages based on 40 hrs/wk, to anyone 50 or older to leave before they are 55(which at that time they could take their pension if they choose. Make it an ongoing program for 10 years.

59 Dano

They could, of course, hold up a poster explaining their actions. The unsympathetic public might feel differently if they knew how these employees were driven from the middle class. On the other hand so many have been downsized in this economy that no one might care.

Most people would react in 1 of 3 ways.

1. "I'd get fired if I got caught doing that. That's stupid."
2. "I'd fire someone for doing that. That's stupid."
3. "That could be my package. I hope they get fired for doing that. That's stupid."

vantexan

Most people would react in 1 of 3 ways.

1. "I'd get fired if I got caught doing that. That's stupid."
2. "I'd fire someone for doing that. That's stupid."
3. "That could be my package. I hope they get fired for doing that. That's stupid."

Aren't we talking about a fake pkg? Could say so on poster. Could say they're kicking pkg the way FedEx kicked them to the curb.

59 Dano

Aren't we talking about a fake pkg? Could say so on poster. Could say they're kicking pkg the way FedEx kicked them to the curb.

I thought they were talking about using a fake pkg but giving the viewer the impression that it was real.

If they want to do what you suggest I don't know if it would do any good. The public would probably laugh at guys dressed like terrorists kicking a box while someone holds up a poster saying that they don't like FedEx. It would look like the usual "original" content that you see on youtube.

vantexan

I thought they were talking about using a fake pkg but giving the viewer the impression that it was real.

If they want to do what you suggest I don't know if it would do any good. The public would probably laugh at guys dressed like terrorists kicking a box while someone holds up a poster saying that they don't like FedEx. It would look like the usual "original" content that you see on youtube.

I think the idea is to see how much FedEx likes it. Obviously not much, or you wouldn't be trying to shoot it down.