Tips on loading mashers/trailers

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
I’ve been loading package cars since I started last summer and was asked if I wanted to switch to loading mashers. I don’t know if that’s universal lingo but they’re trailers with individual chutes and extendos feeding each one.

I want a consistent assignment I can expect and with package cars I’m always being moved around, a couple weeks here, maybe a month or longer there. My FT supe likes how I load and needs another person for these mashers so they asked if I wanted to give it a try.

I noticed that this area is manned by higher seniority members in general so maybe it’s an easier assignment. Hoping to get some advice from y’all on what to expect and maybe loading tips going from being on a belt to these individual trailers. The extendos seem like they can take a little getting used to as well. Thanks in advance ✌️

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Masher? Wut?
giphy.webp

Nah
I’ve been loading package cars since I started last summer and was asked if I wanted to switch to loading mashers. I don’t know if that’s universal lingo but they’re trailers with individual chutes and extendos feeding each one.

I want a consistent assignment I can expect and with package cars I’m always being moved around, a couple weeks here, maybe a month or longer there. My FT supe likes how I load and needs another person for these mashers so they asked if I wanted to give it a try.

I noticed that this area is manned by higher seniority members in general so maybe it’s an easier assignment. Hoping to get some advice from y’all on what to expect and maybe loading tips going from being on a belt to these individual trailers. The extendos seem like they can take a little getting used to as well. Thanks in advance ✌️
Use cornerstone packages. Bags at the top (you might have to stockpile these under the extendo for a few minutes). Make sure your walls have Ts (it should look like a brick wall, not like you just stacked packages straight up in columns). Pack it tight--you shouldn't be able to see the previous wall, and you definitely shouldn't be able to push the visible wall back at all. Irregs at waist level or below. MAINTAIN A CLEAN FLOOR AND EGRESS! I cannot stress enough how much easier your life will be when you can move around freely.

trickpony1

30+ years and I have never heard a trailer called "masher".
"hey trickster, hook these two mashers together and hammer down the big road.".

where have I been?

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
30+ years and I have never heard a trailer called "masher".
"hey trickster, hook these two mashers together and hammer down the big road.".

where have I been?
I guess I should’ve clarified they’re loaded a little differently than trailers. Layout is same as a package car except there are no shelves. So it looks like right side front to back goes FDR, 1000, 2000, 5000, 6000, RDR and left side is FDL, 3000, 4000, 7000, 8000, RDL. Seems kinda odd to load a trailer that way but what do I know?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I guess I should’ve clarified they’re loaded a little differently than trailers. Layout is same as a package car except there are no shelves. So it looks like right side front to back goes FDR, 1000, 2000, 5000, 6000, RDR and left side is FDL, 3000, 4000, 7000, 8000, RDL. Seems kinda odd to load a trailer that way but what do I know?
Trailers are walls. What ARE you loading?