To keep your lunchbox cold

I got an igloo max cold lunchbox I doubled up some cardboard that i wrapped in foil to insulate the bottom. I put cold bottles of water in the bottom then put my lunch on top of those and use the igloo ice packs and a semi damp towel on the very top, and i get my water and ice from my costomers cause the preloaders waste most the ice in our building

SmithBarney

Do yourself a favor and go to the local thrift shop, and find a older Igloo playmate cooler.(circa 89-92)
Then combined with 32oz frozen Gatorade bottles(I used to use 3) or ice paks they stay colder much longer than the new ones
I bought a new one once, fell off the shelf and broke, the old ones just keep going and going.
try and put the ice above the food when possible, it'll keep it cooler.

as a side note I would use my 32oz gatorades as my water for the day as well, and generally when on the dash,
or my massive cup holder, it would be completely melted by 10:45.(with an start on road time of 10)

helenofcalifornia

Exactly how big are these coolers everyone is using that support 32 oz Gatorades or 4 water bottles as the cooling agents? My lunch bag is huge from all the plastic ware and such and I don't use anything to cool the food. So far no food poisoning. Though I have found if you don't finish the watermelon on day 1, refrigerate it when you get home (9 pm) and put it in the lunch bag for day 2, it might be questionable.

SmithBarney

Exactly how big are these coolers everyone is using that support 32 oz Gatorades

The little one will hold 2 32oz gatorades
the bigger one will hold ~6?

These are the older style playmate coolers, they keep things much cooler, and are sturdier than the new ones.

once I figure out how to inline images...(here are the links)

http://www.michelehumes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/playmate.jpeg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ok4uND5VAYs/TNJGRQ2RuMI/AAAAAAAAAPA/-uviWAXvbwY/s1600/SB+Karen+008.jpg