Toilet Facilities and personal integrity.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If a tree falls in the woods, did it make a sound? Translation : If you feel the need to pee in a bottle, throw it away at the end of the day, simple.

To All,A porter told me he found about 20 drink bottles that were apparently full of urine.He said this is a chronic problem, these types of bottles come off the package cars.He said they are found not only in the package cars but they are removed from the package cars and left in various places around the facility.How disrespectful to oneself to feel so pressured to do this. What a shame!Now about personal integrity.Please comment on this hypothetical example:During your morning PCM your center manager reads an urgent Corporate PCM.The PCM reads:During your work day when you need to urinate or defecate you are to use the closest available normal non-residential toilet facilities. You are not to urinate or defecate in public and you are not to do so in a UPS vehicle in a drink bottle or other unacceptable secondary container. You are allowed to transport yourself to the closest available normal toilet facilities when needed. We realize that individuals vary significantly in the frequency with which they need to urinate and defecate and when questioned about this the benefit of doubt will always go to the employee with special needs in this area. Your center manager laughs after giving this PCM and he says "just keep doing what you have been doing, it works for me. Make sure you don't leave any pee bottles in your truck." How would you respond to this with personal integrity?Sincerely,I
When you got to go you got to go. When I go number 1 it goes in my trusty V8 Fusion bottle. It has a wide opening which fits me well. When you are out in the country sometimes you have to do what you have to do. When I was a swing driver I was once out in the middle of nowhere and I had to go number 2. I used a dr bag and it wasent one of my shining moments but desperate times call for desperate measures. It is what it is

It shouldn't be an issue of integrity if you follow corporate directives, Integrity is unique to each individual. Integrity can generally be defined as doing what is right based upone one's ethics and morals. If your own morals allow you to "unfollow" the rules that don't seem to make sense, then sleep easy my friend.
I will never lie, cheat or steal to further my own personal position, but dammit I will piss in a bottle on the route (I dump them out at the earliest possible time and they are never left in the vehicle).

over9five

Staff member
I have never urinated in the back of a UPS truck or in a bottle.
The company is happy to pay me to break trace and use a public bathroom.

bigblu 2 you

shakespeare once said"all the world is but a restroom and we are merely participators,wizzers and loaf layers,.each anothers audience outside the guilded porta- potty".

DS

Fenderbender
I have never urinated in the back of a UPS truck or in a bottle.
The company is happy to pay me to break trace and use a public bathroom.
I agree with this guy.
407 I have to ask,if you are out in the country,why pee in a bottle?
Nobody can see you,just pee on a tree.
I'm in the city,and I still find places.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have been @ Brown almost 15 years most of the time handeling totes brought in by drivers ,and in that time I have seen my fair share of urine in bottles , along with half eaten sanwiches ,pizza boxes ,used napkins,and personal trash.I have in my lifetime early on been a porter at a large department store (Macys) and had to clean lavatories.From which I have concluded that a certain small percentage of the population no matter what their socio-economic status is have bad personal habits i.e. they are pigs. Just because a person puts a uniform on, shines his shoes,wears a pinstripe $1000.00+ suit and tie ,and do a good job makes them a good person.Some people no matter who they are will always be sh-t birds

PS you drivers you know who you are keep your garbage out of my totes and pull off your ASD's !!!! LOL

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My route does not have any public restrooms on it, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I deliver my last commercial stops about 10:30 and don't get back to them for pickups until 3:45. Empty Gatorade bottles and long driveways with lots of woods get used a lot. I haven't seen many public restrooms that would be much better.

DS

Fenderbender
My route does not have any public restrooms on it, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I deliver my last commercial stops about 10:30 and don't get back to them for pickups until 3:45. Empty Gatorade bottles and long driveways with lots of woods get used a lot. I haven't seen many public restrooms that would be much better.
Again...lots of woods...stop and pee in the bushes,it's not normal.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Again...lots of woods...stop and pee in the bushes,it's not normal.
There was a driver terminated in the Griffin Center a few years ago for getting out of the Package Car and urinating in the bushes. Someone saw him,reported it and BOOM terminated. He got his job back but why risk it?