Trademark Infringement?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How about UPS sues them then Verizon gets so pissed off that they don't use UPS for anymore of their shipping and we loose millions...but hey who cares we showed them!! Upstate you have UPS on the brain..do you ever not think about UPS....you were probably checking brown cafe on your phone while your daughter was getting married...its ok your addicted.

bbsam

Staff member
Anybody remember the political satirist Mark Russell. He always wore a bow-tie. He's probably old enough to sue UPS for trademark infringement.:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
NO not on that. and whats ups gonna do if it was with all the verizion packages we do and have done , BUT knowing you mr upstate im sure you never deliverd a verizion box because the people on your route never heard of that company . SO since no one in your route area never heard of verizion theres no infringement. ( nextproblem

Agree with bolded.

I think Cheryl should add both a "dislike" button and a "huh?" button, with the latter being used for Rocketman's posts.

Aw C`mon. Rockets like the crazy uncle who talks about Area 51 or the JFK assassination. He`s harmless. What next, you going th harp on our Aunt who has the 1000 recipes for a potato?

rocket man

...and i have never met anyone more "like"able than you. 3,722 likes? Really?
you have that much time to see how many likes someone has? You hit a new low and i thought you were at bottom with the verizion logo scam that is so noticeable that its no where near are logo . Remember if you get bit by a dog call 1800 upstate nyer. HES MY LAYWER

rocket man

Dislike. Rocketman's posts are very entertaining yours are far to frequent and come off like you know it all. I'd pay you fifty bucks to take a week off from brown cafe.
I ALREADY OFFERED TO GIVE 50 DOLLARS TO CHARITY OF HIS CHOICE IF HE WOULDNT ANSwER FOR A WEEK HE DECINED, HE ANSWERED no, no. no. no. there you go upstate now your up tp 100 dollars

JonFrum

I've always wondered why UPS used a trademarked bowtie logo of a package tied up in string, when it specifically forbids shippers from using string, as string snags, jams in the machinery, and temps people to incorrectly lift the package by the string "handle."

Just one of many things I don't understand about UPS. The Way Of The Parcel is inscrutable. It is a puzzlement.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've always wondered why UPS used a trademarked bowtie logo of a package tied up in string, when it specifically forbids shippers from using string, as string snags, jams in the machinery, and temps people to incorrectly lift the package by the string "handle."

Just one of many things I don't understand about UPS. The Way Of The Parcel is inscrutable. It is a puzzlement.

UPS was transitioning from a department store carrier to a countrywide small package carrier for everyone. UPS needed a new logo to help convey that image internally and to the public. The consulting group that came up with the candidates for a new logo for UPS conducted focus group meetings and the package with the string on top of the shield conveyed the essence of what UPS's business was - small package. At the time, UPS was an unknown (USPS and REA were the big players along with regional carriers). REA and USPS, at that time, allowed the use of string and most shippers used string as tape was relatively new and expensive. So it makes sense at that point in time.

The new logo was developed for the same reason, to mark a transition of our business from a small package carrier to a global Logistics provider.

upsman68

I have a brown cardigan sweater that I wear with old logo on it. My co workers call me Mister Rogers. "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood"