Traffic Circle or Roundabout

BrownSnowFlake

It is nothing more than a series of right turns guarded by yield signs. Why do normies struggle with it so? Other than the usual suspects of course (fluoride, vaccines, daydreaming about BBC, etc)

Pic related for clarity

DB210E57-70BC-46C4-8080-E48A3C2D2EA2.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
They are building those everywhere. Even in places they don't need them. A normal roundabout is easy but I have seen some funky ones where they have to combine multiple mini circles with lanes crossing to both left and right that can be very confusing the first time you see them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They are building those everywhere. Even in places they don't need them. A normal roundabout is easy but I have seen some funky ones where they have to combine multiple mini circles with lanes crossing to both left and right that can be very confusing the first time you see them.
Bad thing about roundabouts here is that old people and tourists don’t mix well with them. Not to mention, some of the roundabouts even have traffic lights, making them even more confusing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bad thing about roundabouts here is that old people and tourists don’t mix well with them. Not to mention, some of the roundabouts even have traffic lights, making them even more confusing.
They built some around here that weren’t big enough for fire trucks to get around
No problem we’ll just spend some more money to rebuild them

oldngray

nowhere special
They built some around here that weren’t big enough for fire trucks to get around
No problem we’ll just spend some more money to rebuild them
They built a little one at an intersection with a sharp corner and made the turns too tight. Sure enough a truck took out a sign the first week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Please don't lump all old people together. I love round-a-bouts. Where the hell do you live that they would combine round-a-bouts with stop lights? That don't make ANY sense.

oldngray

nowhere special
Please don't lump all old people together. I love round-a-bouts. Where the hell do you live that they would combine round-a-bouts with stop lights? That don't make ANY sense.
That defeats the purpose which is to always keep traffic moving.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I know you are a driver. As an older person, roundabouts are no big deal for you. I’m talking about the old folks who never drove for a living. I have no idea who the clown was who put traffic lights on the roundabouts. Fortunately, they’re not on all of them.

Karma...

proper term is rotary.....and simply a brilliant design....much like a rotary engine is far superior to old design engines like 2, 3, and 4 strokers.