Traffic Circle or Roundabout

RUDoneYet

Wait until you get to try out one of these. I think of it as a hybrid circle. The official name is a diverging diamond. It actually works better than I would have expected. Something like 18 traffic lights in the one near me to make it all work together. I think it also doubles as an in vehicle sobriety test for some...
Div.Diam.full line sketch.final.jpg

DriverNerd

Wait until you get to try out one of these. I think of it as a hybrid circle. The official name is a diverging diamond. It actually works better than I would have expected. Something like 18 traffic lights in the one near me to make it all work together. I think it also doubles as an in vehicle sobriety test for some...
View attachment 445875
We have one near the MSP airport.

upschuck

View attachment 445875
I take one of those to work every day. Congestion at that intersection has improved dramatically.