Transfer inquiry/advice

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by S.F. Rush, Apr 26, 2015.

1. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush Active Member

What up fellow teamsters? Thinking about what's best for my family and transferring is the option I'm in question about. I have 2 years left to go to make top scale pay. Should I "attempt" to transfer Asap and lose my minuscule building seniority. Or make top rate then transfer. I'm leaning towards waiting it out. What you guys think? Thanks

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What would it matter if you're full scale or not?

If you can transfer get to where you want to be ASAP.

3. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush Active Member

Well if I'm full scale, transfer, go to the bottom of the list, possibly getting laid off wouldn't hurt the wallet as bad making double what I am now.

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I think it's about time for a "Transfer FAQ" prominently stickied at the top of the forum.

This question is getting more mileage than socks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

An education transfer and the transfers that are permitted out west are two different animals and would require separate stickies.

6. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush Active Member

I agree man, this topic has been totally :censored2:'d out. Was hesitant to post cause the mere word "transfer" annoys everybody. But it's a legit question. Btw I am West Coast

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah. It's been real bad the last few weeks. Oh well I another few weeks we can hear about all of the summer seasonals that are going to stay on driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

True, but will the opportunity to transfer be available when you reach top scale. More likely you will not be the highest seniority driver who has a transfer request in for that building. Your right on the monetary statement.