Trying to beat the heat...

rod

Retired 22 years
23 plus years in. Never saw vehicle with a fan. It was one of our contract proposals though.

You don't know what you are missing----although they aren't suppose to be mounted up above the drivers door so they blow hot air on you. Whoever the mechanic was who did that needs his head examinded. They also worked great in the winter to keep your windshield from frosting up. Actually that what they were designed for in the first palce.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You don't know what you are missing----although they aren't suppose to be mounted up above the drivers door so they blow hot air on you. Whoever the mechanic was who did that needs his head examinded. They also worked great in the winter to keep your windshield from frosting up. Actually that what they were designed for in the first palce.

I do have power steering though. Small victories.

upsgrunt

I used to have a fan; I got a new package car and told the mechanic to leave the fan out. If I want to hear another rattle, I'll put a coffee can on the dash and throw a rock in it.

BCFan

Now since Ga has been moved to South Atlantic division and the trucks in South Carolina have fans, we can now write up trucks to have a fan installed. Not too sure how effective it will be, after all it is still only moving around hot air......BC

WorknLateHuh

The hottest it gets here is bout 95, maybe 100 on rare occaasions. The absolute worst is when you can't find a package and your forced to search in 15-20 second increments because the back is unbearable. It's sad when you step out of the back and into the 95 degree heat, and it feels cool. With the countless costomers asking about a/c, thinking about it, it would almost be better to just have a/c in the back.

S

serenity now

i keep a photograph of a glacier taped to the dash * it's all about mind-control

iowa boy

Now since Ga has been moved to South Atlantic division and the trucks in South Carolina have fans, we can now write up trucks to have a fan installed. Not too sure how effective it will be, after all it is still only moving around hot air......BC

It will just remind you of having one of your bosses on car with you. They make a lot of noise and blow hot air....but at least with the fan, you can turn it off when it gets on your nerves.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
With the countless costomers asking about a/c, thinking about it, it would almost be better to just have a/c in the back.

Honestly I'm surprised we don't have at least a weak reefer unit in the back for the summer. I see chocolates and gift baskets getting shipped with it being like 100+ degrees in the back with no dry ice and you just know they have to be a melted mess on arrival.