Trying to find out about my father's retirement pension

MCR2020

Hello. My father passed recently and was a retired supervisor from UPS in Louisville, KY and he had a retirement pension that he received every month. I'm trying to find out who I need to call or what number to find out about if that would roll over to me as I'm the sole heir (only son) of his estate. I'm not sure what number in Louisville to call and would appreciate any help anyone could give me. He didn't leave much other than his retirement pension so that's the main thing I'm trying to find out about. Thanks.

Hello. My father passed recently and was a retired supervisor from UPS in Louisville, KY and he had a retirement pension that he received every month. I'm trying to find out who I need to call or what number to find out about if that would roll over to me as I'm the sole heir (only son) of his estate. I'm not sure what number in Louisville to call and would appreciate any help anyone could give me. He didn't leave much other than his retirement pension so that's the main thing I'm trying to find out about. Thanks.
you will probably get nothing

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Sorry to hear about your pops.

I'd stick at it asking here. You'll get some flack because you said "supervisor" so use rose colored glasses and take no offense. Management does pop in here often discussing retirement and MIP(their finances). Also, search the website or stock and try to get an address or person to write or talk too.

Good Luck to you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In the western states the pension can only go to spouse if the retiree signed up for that.

you should also look into Social Security. You did not state your age. did you try speaking to someone from Human Resources at the Hub? They can probably help you more than anyone here.

MCR2020

I would speak to human resources but I don't know the number. That's why I was trying to ask here. I'm sorry if I came off kind of upset but I'm not sure where else to ask. I appreciate any and all help.

rod

Retired 22 years
In the western states the pension can only go to spouse if the retiree signed up for that.

you should also look into Social Security. You did not state your age. did you try speaking to someone from Human Resources at the Hub? They can probably help you more than anyone here.
Central works that way too. Kids will get nothing. Then again management could be different. I'm surprised he got a pension at all.

MCR2020

Yeah I mean if I don't get anything they at least need to be notified so they can stop sending his checks to the bank. Thanks anyways I guess.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yeah I mean if I don't get anything they at least need to be notified so they can stop sending his checks to the bank. Thanks anyways I guess.
ha, they'll want that money back. the person in charge of estate needs to send copy of death certificate I believe.

MCR2020

Yes obviously. Hence why I'm trying to find the right number to call. Never mind this was clearly a mistake asking this here. Sorry.

Shiftless

Condolences on the passing of your Father.

You will have better luck finding info on management issues in the forum called "UPS PARTNERS".

It is two forums up from this one on the forums page.

Supervisor- I'm guessing you are not talking about that...

542thruNthru

@Old Man Jingles you receive a pension check from UPS. Think you can help this guy out with a phone #?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Their is no continuation of pension after death except to the spouse if that option is selected.
Sorry.

Are you talking about his 401k?
That would rollover to you.

TMF: For all you oldies but goodies / United Parcel Service
Below is a contact list for retirees that might come in handy.
For what it's worth.
These telephone numbers and Web site addresses are for UPS Retirement Plan participants.

UPS retirees should refer to this list to update personal information, such as changing address information due to a relocation.

Retiree Benefit

Disbursement/Mellon Bank
1-800-773-8919

UPS Savings Plan – 401(k)
1-800-541-6154

Investor Relations
1-888-663-8325

UPS Retirement Group
1-800-643-4442

Healthcare

Benefits Service Center
1-800-353-9877

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hope this helps, I just retired !!! 1-800-773-8919 and yes management can direct there money to more than a spouse, hopefully he did!
Your number appears to be correct.
That was not an option when I retired in 2013 ... you sure you are not talking about 401k?

Pension plans are death based annuities so there is no continuation after death.

Last edited:
Yes, for our pension I was given the option to take a reduced amount, and include my spouse, or 3 others. Maybe this a change from years ago. I just filled this out a few months ago, that’s part of what was offered.

beentheredonethat

For management there are a handful of options. One option is a guaranteed 10 year payout, where the retiree gets the payout (at a reduced amount) for his\her life and if he\she dies within 10 years, the beneficiary will continue to collect for the 10 year term starting with retirement date. Your father would have had to ask for that option. ALso, if he has already been receiving payouts for 10 years, then you still would receive nothing. Usually it is selected if the person believes there life span will be very short and be able to transfer some money to his\her heirs. PS, sorry for your loss

Popeye

Only spouses are eligible or survivor benefits. You can send an email to [email protected] to reach someone about it.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I was thinking of putting a mail slot in my tombstone so I could save up enough money for a vacation to Hawaii. Maybe I should keep direct deposit. I might have trouble getting a ride to the bank to deposit my pension.